District 97 - Weird chick fronted prog rock

Chicago Posse?

super_bowl_shuffle_display_image.jpg

The Chicago Posse grows my freind. Soon our numbers will grow once we convert Neil. Actually the only reason this really got hijacked was because District 97 are opening for Gamma Ray next week.

Anyone else realize that 22 of the last 29 posts are from the Chicago Posse?

hijack.gif

Glen,
Yes, because District 97 is playing the Gamma Ray show in Chicago, so it was first brought up in the existing D97 thread, instead of creating a new one.

I really wouldn't expect most non-Chicago folks to care too much about a Gamma Ray gig in Chicago.

Can't say I ever liked Gamma Ray holmz. :(

Besides Rhapsody, Gamma Ray was the first power metal band I ever heard. I remember hearing Powerplant and then going to download everything. Of course now I own everything by them.

The first power metal song I heard was Unholy Battlecry (thanks Chris) and I was not quite prepared. My first thought was: I didn't know it was humanly possible to drum that fast. I had no idea this type of music even existed. Needless to say within the next year I had fallen in love with the genre. That was off topic but I was feeling nostalgic.

yeah...Jason has terrible memory. It went later than anyone expected plus he waited an hour before coming out.

Maybe I am just trying to forget that gig......

I seriously though don't recall it ending THAT late, but whatever.

That show was a wreck, but Met-Al did finally get to meet me, which I am sure made his year!

Hey folks,

We're pumped it looks like we'll be meeting some of you on Thursday! We've got a new music video for "Termites", a song we'll definitely be doing on Thursday. If you like it, please share it!

Last edited by a moderator: