Distrust.

EvilVince said:
The first time I heard "Relention" I thought it was the gayest, whiniest song I'd ever heard in my life. My friends and I even made fun of it, going "I'm returning from something, to something, from something - I'm all gay."

But that song really grew on me and so now I look like a big fag, and people make fun of me for liking it. And I cry, because I'm a Cancer.

-Vince

I thought all of Discouraged ones was shit....some poppy radio shit....I was all dissapointed because I thought it would be like BMD...so I threw it on the floor of my car for about 6 months....during that 6 months I got heavy into heroin again....which makes life pretty shitty...and depressing....so when I finally found it under the seat in my car and put it in....It blew my fukkin mind......my friends actually took that CD away from me because I was drinking whiskey at 7 in the morning all the time listening to it and they thought I was going to kill myself......they never gave it back to me either....I had to buy another one.....

It's that subtle lead in the chorus of distrust that does it for me...City Of Glass is also great, I can imagine it being part of the soundtrack to Stephen King's The Dark Tower :p

VampiricYouth said:
It's that subtle lead in the chorus of distrust that does it for me...City Of Glass is also great, I can imagine it being part of the soundtrack to Stephen King's The Dark Tower :p

Glad to see someone else loves that series as well. Unfortunately, the only soundtrack is that Demons & Wizards shitpile that came out a couple months ago, Touched by The Crimson King. If I ever meet Jon Schaffer, I am going to ask him where the Crimson King touched him, and give him a Schaffer doll so he can point and tell. God I hate that guy.

As far as Relention goes, I am not a big fan of that song at all. In fact, it is probably my least favorite on the whole album. Jonas' phrasing and delivery is just not as good, and the main driving hook throughout that song never really grabs me. But believe me, I would rather listen to Relention on repeat for 12 hours rather than one second of Schaffer's garbage.

I don't know which songs are underrated... it's a thing of taste...

but I have to say, that I really love "Distrust". When I bought DO I had a few other new CDs too and I wanted to listen to all of them... that's why I didn't give much attention to DO and I felt like the last half of the album was slooow and boooring ... then some weeks later I lay on bed, tired and just let the music play and suddenly fall asleep.
The next morning I had this great song in my head which didn't leave me for weeks! I didn't know where it was from... I couldn't remember the voice... until I gave DO another try. Yes it was "Distrust" and since then it's one of my faves ... and DO is one of my fave albums, too...

...jaja