Distrust.

VampiricYouth

Jul 15, 2005
I think of all of Katatonia's work, this is the most underrated. I think it is by far the most depressing (in terms of both melody and vocal delivery) song on the Discouraged Ones album. Anyone got any favourite Katatonia songs which they find are often over looked?

Yeah, Distrust is incredible. I usually only listen to that song when I feel really doubful/confused etc. I also enjoy "Last Resort" a lot, it seems a lot of the DO songs get underrated because the solidness of the full album.

When it comes to pick underrated song I always think about "Relention" - I don't know why but this song is BIG and it always makes me depressed and gives me some special mood... I agree with opinions about "Distrust" - great piece of music and one of the most forgotten Katatonia songs...

I really enjoy some of the EP- and bonus tracks like "March 4", "Sulfur", "Help me disappear" and "Quiet world"... definitely among my alltime favourite songs... Listen to the killer lead guitars and great vocal harmonies in these songs!

The first two lines of Help Me...

"Feel completely disowned
but not that disused"

Were the lyrics I could identify with the most during a recent breakup.

HeBeHu said:
Yo Foreverlorn, any new Katatonia tabs coming anytime soon? :cool:
"I am nothing" is the recent one I've done... I haven't planned any particular tab right now but I always wanted to try to tab "Help me disappear", "Chrome" (in fact, really difficult to hear what's going on in this song - at least for my ears) and maybe "Criminals" and "Nerve" but I have a bunch of other tabs to be finished first (right now I'm working on Cathedral's "Midnight mountain")... btw. what's your username on the PTA? Cheerz

I actually consider 'Distrust' to be one of Katatonia's worst songs.... the drumming ain't that good god bless ol' Jonas.

Deliverance6 said:
I want to know which one of us is selling Katatonia tabs on ebay.........
yeah, it's a shame... we've been working on the tabs for hours and someone is making money with them... burn in hell, bitch!
unfortunately, there seems nothing we could do against this besides contacting the bidders and telling them they can have this stuff for free!

Holy shit!! its the tabs off powertabs.net! someone stole them from the site! The two tabs I did are there and all of the Foreverlorns are there too!

ott0 said:
Oh yeah! I forgot Instrumental.. I don't see it get much credit, but it's really something.

Instrumental is so beautiful, it gets me close to tears.

I don't know if Gone is an underrated song, but to me it's one of the most emotional pieces of music I've ever heard.

The first time I heard "Relention" I thought it was the gayest, whiniest song I'd ever heard in my life. My friends and I even made fun of it, going "I'm returning from something, to something, from something - I'm all gay."

But that song really grew on me and so now I look like a big fag, and people make fun of me for liking it. And I cry, because I'm a Cancer.

-Vince