Divine Sin -- did Lefay drummer play in this band?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Is it true that current Lefay drummer used to play in a band called Divine Sin before joining Lefay?

In case anyone wonders, Divine Sin is an amazing band. I have 2 of their CDs - Winterland and Thirteen Souls. Both are amazing. Technical thrash at its best.

Any comments?

Well, not that I know.

If I remember correctly, Divine Sin's vocalist is now with Fantasmagoria where members of Lefay are also part of (Robin, Peter and Micke). (Is Fantasmagoria still active btw?)

I wonder, when you have both of their CDs, what is written in the booklet who plays drums?

Here is the answer from Robin:

Nope, could be confused by the fact that the singer (Fredrik Lundberg) of Divine Sin is now bass player in Fantasmagoria, which is the original band of Robin and Peter...

Unfotunately Robin can't do it by himself, due to the fact that he still has probs with posting at UM.
UM does not work correct on his computer....

Below is a post where I read the info from. The guy who posted this is a member of the band WOLVERINE and is friends with the guys in Divine Sin.

--

Daniel "Bubby" Goude (bass) and Martin Unoson (guitar on the Thirteen Souls album) are in a coverband with me and Stefan Zell of Wolverine and two guys from United By Fate. Other than that Bubby and Martin are also in an excellent agressive/death-Metal band called MurderMarket. Their homepage is currently down, but you can download their demo's here. If you download any songs from the Nostalgia demo, let me know what you think. I recorded and mixed it :). These guys kick some serious bee-hind!

Martin Knutar (drums) plays in a so called "dansband" (Swedes will know what I'm talking about :)) called Topix. It's kind of like country in Swedish, but with happy lyrics, so he's made quite a change of musical direction :).

Fredrik "Lubbe" Lundberg (vocals) now plays bass and sings in the band Fantasmagoria, who some of you may know as the band that Peter Grehn, Mikael Arsentrop and Robin Engström quit to join Lefay.

Micke Andersson (guitar) played in a coverband last time I spoke with him, but he was thinking about quiting, so I don't really know what he's up to these days...

That's about all I know right now. I'll come again if I find out anything else.

Discography:

Dying To Live (Demo, 199?)
Years Of Sorrow (Demo, 199?)
Resurrection (Demo, 199?)
Winterland (CD, Black Mark, 1995)
Thirteen Souls (CD, Black Mark, 1997)

Originally posted by Mezarkabul
Below is a post where I read the info from. The guy who posted this is a member of the band WOLVERINE and is friends with the guys in Divine Sin.

--

Daniel "Bubby" Goude (bass) and Martin Unoson (guitar on the Thirteen Souls album) are in a coverband with me and Stefan Zell of Wolverine and two guys from United By Fate. Other than that Bubby and Martin are also in an excellent agressive/death-Metal band called MurderMarket. Their homepage is currently down, but you can download their demo's here. If you download any songs from the Nostalgia demo, let me know what you think. I recorded and mixed it :). These guys kick some serious bee-hind!

Martin Knutar (drums) plays in a so called "dansband" (Swedes will know what I'm talking about :)) called Topix. It's kind of like country in Swedish, but with happy lyrics, so he's made quite a change of musical direction :).

Fredrik "Lubbe" Lundberg (vocals) now plays bass and sings in the band Fantasmagoria, who some of you may know as the band that Peter Grehn, Mikael Arsentrop and Robin Engström quit to join Lefay.

Micke Andersson (guitar) played in a coverband last time I spoke with him, but he was thinking about quiting, so I don't really know what he's up to these days...

That's about all I know right now. I'll come again if I find out anything else.

Discography:

Dying To Live (Demo, 199?)
Years Of Sorrow (Demo, 199?)
Resurrection (Demo, 199?)
Winterland (CD, Black Mark, 1995)
Thirteen Souls (CD, Black Mark, 1997)

Mezarkabul, reading this posts, I wonder how you get the idea that Robin had played in Divine Sin. It does not say this anywhere!

It only says this:

which isn't correct really, Peter and Robin are with Lefay and Fantasmagoria!!! :)

Originally posted by Silkie
Mezarkabul, reading this posts, I wonder how you get the idea that Robin had played in Divine Sin. It does not say this anywhere!

Same here. It's pretty clear. But nevermind, we're always happy with new people on the board :)

Btw, Silkie, did you see there is Murder Market mentioned in that post??? :D

Yeah. :D But not dance like techno or disco, but 50-years old men & women in old suits who are walking around on a floor in rhyme eith the music. :yuk:

Me and a friend discussed the dansband Thorleifs the other day. Their band logo ude about the same style of the letters as... Blind Guardian.
What about if they should make a tour to germany without any band photos (white suits and gay haircut) and descriptions of the music? :guh: :devil:

Originally posted by Sleepwalker
Yeah. :D But not dance like techno or disco, but 50-years old men & women in old suits who are walking around on a floor in rhyme eith the music. :yuk:

I actually thought of these kind of bands :lol:

Holy shit! First time I read "Dansband" I thought it might be a real insult - Lefay from Denmark??? Now, if that wouldn't be an insult...

:err:

Don't mind me me and my less-than-basical-swedish :p