Former Dokken guitar player and Vision Divine singer joining in new band

mloanna

Sep 18, 2006
Los Angeles
Former DOKKEN guitar wizard Alex De Rosso is putting together a new band with singer Michele Luppi (VISION DIVINE), drummer Bob Parolin and bassist Roby Galli. "We are writing some amazing tracks!" says De Rosso. "We will start the recording of the album soon."

De Rosso's last solo album, "The Thin Line Between Black and White", came out in 2002 via Atrheia/Edel.

ok when the hell did De Rosso leave Dokken? And who is playing guitar in Dokken now????

VenomGA said:
ok when the hell did De Rosso leave Dokken? And who is playing guitar in Dokken now????

Alex DeRosso has been out for a couple years man. Jon Levin who played with Warlock waaaay back is on guitars. Im not really a fan of the last few discs.

Alex DeRosso is amazing. I actually posted about his band HEADRUSH in the Hard Rock thread on the 1st page at this forum. DEFINATELY check it out. Its absolutely amazing!!

That said I cannot wait for this!!! This is a dream pairing, although I know DeRosso contributed briefly on Luppi's solo CD.

Anyone ever heard DeRosso's self titled solo CD? Its KILLER!! David Reece from Bangalore Choir, and Accept, etc is on vocals for 2 songs!!

In my humble opinion, Levin has done the best job at the Lynch era songs, soundwise and nailing Lynch solos in my opinion that anyone previous....

Bear

Bear said:
In my humble opinion, Levin has done the best job at the Lynch era songs, soundwise and nailing Lynch solos in my opinion that anyone previous....

Bear

Agreed; Levin seems to nail just about all the parts.

I really liked Alex, as well, but he would nail one song, then coast through the next one, then nail the next one, etc. It's like he would get real into it, then get bored for awhile,then get really into it again.

Anyway, I was still impressed enough with Alex to be very interested in this new project; I've never heard him play his own stuff before, so I'm really looking forward to this one :headbang:

If you have'nt heard Dokkens last lp. Hell To Pay, you should check it out, it's some of the coolest stuff Dokken has done since Tooth And Nail!

Bear said:

Bear

Yep, excellent player, really enjoyed seeing him nail the Lynch stuff
live!

livingwithwolves said:
If you have'nt heard Dokkens last lp. Hell To Pay, you should check it out, it's some of the coolest stuff Dokken has done since Tooth And Nail!

An overlooked gem IMO, some great songs on there!

Bear said:

Bear

Agreed, however i gotta give an honerable mention to Billy White who played with John Norum on "Up From The Ashes" which I belive was Don's first solo effort post the original Dokken lineup. Does that even count? :saint:

Perpet said:
Agreed, however i gotta give an honerable mention to Billy White who played with John Norum on "Up From The Ashes" which I belive was Don's first solo effort post the original Dokken lineup. Does that even count? :saint:

I actually had a chance to see the one and only tour they did back when Up From The Ashes came out. They barely did any Dokken songs, I think they did an acoustic/changed up version of Alone Again and a couple other songs but its was pretty much the whole UftA album....

Billy White was awesome, and he played great with John Norum. Micky Dee rules as always and I acttually got to meet and hang with Peter Baltes that night...Grat show, wish they had a DVD of that tour...

Bear

Perpet said:

Anything with Billy White and Mickey Dee counts.

It's been a Watchtower kind of week for me. I bumbed into Jason McMaster at a record store here in town and talked to him for about 20 minutes. Apparently Billy has been living in Mexico and playing nothing but acoustic flamenco guitar. He also talked me into buying the Spastic Inc record he (Jason) did with the Jarzembec brothers with special guests Jens Johansen and Marty Freidman. I've only listed to it once but its pretty good stuff.

A Watchtower reunion might not be a bad idea for next year.

Bear said:
I actually had a chance to see the one and only tour they did back when Up From The Ashes came out. They barely did any Dokken songs, I think they did an acoustic/changed up version of Alone Again and a couple other songs but its was pretty much the whole UftA album....

Billy White was awesome, and he played great with John Norum. Micky Dee rules as always and I acttually got to meet and hang with Peter Baltes that night...Grat show, wish they had a DVD of that tour...

Bear
I love George Lynch, but Up From The Ashes may be the best Dokken record made. Cool catchy songs, & killer guitar solos. :kickass:

Bear said:

Bear

I did as well, it was a show in Houston, just awesome. Unfortunately, Billy White subsequently rejected all things metal/hard rock and went into a blues direction which I thought was relatively lame. Great for the time however!!!
UP FROM THE ASHES gets frequent spins in my iPod and CD player, fantastic disc!!!!!!