Division with Therion at Jaxx, Friday, November 2nd

eaeolian

Division Guitarist
Feb 11, 2002
Woodbridge, VA
www.division-usa.com
I'm personally pretty excited about this, since I'm a big fan of the band and I missed their last U.S. tour. If you're not familiar with this band, you should be, so go buy something by them. So far it's just the mighty Therion, us, and our friends Burning Shadows on this one, but look for that bill to fill out soon. In the meantime, get your tickets early and often - they sold out last time, and sellouts are a theme this year at Jaxx. (How many of you were scrambling for Symphony X and Kamelot tickets, hm? ;) ) All ages, $18.00 from us, and, as always, we appreciate your support.

It's a Friday so I'm in

If I recall some coworkers were asking about this show when they saw it on jaxx so I'll get w/ you about more tix

I am hyped and ready, and cleared off my phone's storage card so i can try to record video again.

Note to self be in MIDDLE of stage this time..

What time do you all go on so I can fight my way to the middle early enough lol

so here I am standing in line (it is cold), and I see Hunt shirts behind me a ways! I suspect it is a winner of the contest :)

way to make a presence!

In other news... it's cold.

Edit: It WAS a winner; Candy! :)

teehee

I am exhausted.. but ye gods it was a flipping AMAZING show; the people in Therion were so nice!

For those who didn't go to the show, you have no idea what an awesome, intense experience you missed. That was one of the best shows I've ever seen at Jaxx, and Therion are some of the coolest people I've met yet. Kris and Thomas, especially - they went out of their way to converse and be available to the fans, and actually came in for the opener's sets, some the headliners rarely do.

The band was ridiculously energetic, powerful, and theatrical with NO backdrop or extra stuff on stage. Incredible.

Aesma Daeva wins for best tour prank I've ever seen by coming out in plastic viking helmets and a cardboard boat during the "Thor: The Power Head" encore.

Burning Shadows have improved mightily since the last time I saw them, and played very well - and, as always were cool guys.

I only caught about 1/3 of Almost Human while trying to arrange dinner and get my wife in the club. They definitely have potential.

A big thanks to everyone who came out - I think I saw 1/3 of the people I know in the entire metal scene last night. :lol:

i have to agree with that. Even the few CD's I have from them, their live show was far and above the recordings. There were so many textures with the heavy music and the myriad of vocals. It was great to watch. I agree with Mike on the tour prank, that was hilarious!