DM Singing Tips?

SFH

New Metal Member
Jul 13, 2003
shapes.tk
Hey, I'm trying to find my growling voice, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any tips or tricks to help me out? Any help (especially from Johan) is much appreciated.

yeah thats about the biggest rule there is...
the only other thing i can say is go out and start eating and drinking beer cause most of the gread dm vocalist out there have some weight on them or a big beer belly which helps.

Thanks, I got the weight thing covered, 220lbs.

But is there, like, any special way to do it? I can't really figure out how to get it to come from my stomach rather than my throat.

SFH said:
Thanks, I got the weight thing covered, 220lbs.

But is there, like, any special way to do it? I can't really figure out how to get it to come from my stomach rather than my throat.

*Thumbs up*, thats manly mate :headbang:
To be a real man you have to be in that weightclass...(I may add that Iam so myself ;))
Anything else is for faggots ;)

As for the growling, just keep on practicing and it will come...good luck!

Tomasz said:
Tips, what tips? It's growling not soprano.

I would say that its just as demanding, after all how many singers can you say growl really well?
Not many...Johan of course...but not many others...

Nocturnal Emperor said:
milk orange juice and beer are all good as they make you produce lots of phlem which is essential for growling/screaming
Really? When I drink beer my throat always get drier the more I drink. So badly that I have to drink even more.