DM Singing Tips?

do a lot of vocal excersises, its much easier and comes almost effortlessly if your throat is worn down a little. drink water constantly in small amounts, its surprisingly refreshing and you can get dried out without it and cause pain and/or damage. and swallow phlegm you might bring up, it'll enhance your growls.

iAMtheblackwizards said:
Its good but the only thing is its harder to get by the bottle like all the other previously mentioned drinks. You usually cant find bottles of juice next to the orange juice and gatorade.

I heard that in some places in Japan you can :eek:

Anyways, my throat loosening drink is as follows:
Hot black tea
Honey
A shot of rum (or 2 or 3)

The heat loosens your throat, the honey protects it, and the rum numbs it. Works great, still have to drink water between songs tho.

As far as technique goes just try different things. Take a lesson with a voice instructor to learn some breathing technique. "Breathing from the diaphram" is what people talk about when they say it's gotta come from your stomach. You should be pushing air up from your stomach area as opposed to your chest. When you exhale your stomach should get smaller and when you inhale it should get larger. Being able to move a whole lot of air helps a whole lot to getting a real brutal growl.

There are other ods tho, it's a bit hard to mic right, but you can get some great sounds with real little air moving. 'Cricket' vocals are done by breathing in, I can do all sorts of crazy with inhaling.