Do i need a REAMP?

Jun 16, 2009
I have been recording through a line 6 ux2 then running the headphone out into the amp. Everything sounds great(just like playing through the amp live with my guitar) Is there something i am missing? or do i not even need to buy reamp box?

Reamp boxes are just so you can capture a performance VIA DI tracks and to eventually re-record them through a real guitar amp. If you don't plan on doing this, you don't need one.

I have been recording through a line 6 ux2 then running the headphone out into the amp. Everything sounds great(just like playing through the amp live with my guitar) Is there something i am missing? or do i not even need to buy reamp box?

there is probably an impedance problem when doing this, and you will probably have a better sound with a dedicated re-amp.

there is probably an impedance problem when doing this, and you will probably have a better sound with a dedicated re-amp.

So with a reamp i would run the clean track out of the out on the UX2 then into the reamp to balance it before it hits the amp?

Yup, though preferably not the headphone out! :D (balanced line out, if it has one, you'll probably have to use one of the monitor outs, which is infuriating, and why having an interface with more than 2 balanced outputs is all but essential for re-amping IMO!)

according to the manual the headphone out and analog monitor outs send the same thing

Yeah, but it's a difference in level and the fact that one is unbalanced stereo (headphone) and the other balanced mono (individual monitor out), and you definitely wanna use the latter