do i need ewql symphonic orchestra?

XxSicRokerxX

Gabriel R.
Nov 25, 2010
Orange County, CA
I love the sound of a violin/cello.

Ive often thought about writing instrumental tracks with ton of ambience, keyboards, cellos, and other nice orchestral harmonic tones.

I bought sonik synth not too long ago....but it just doesnt sound natural to me.
Like it all sounds like what the title says "synths".

I can add some reverb and delay to the cell/violin but its just missing something.

Ive read about other vst's too but it seems like people keep recommending symphonic orchestra/choirs.

Have any of you guys battled around with different orchestra vsts? Whats your favorite vst plugin?

Also i heard that if i do buy symphonic orchestra i'll need like 50 gb of space since its a sound library thats ridiculous but understandable.

I dont think i will be writing orchestral scores or movie soundtracks at all. But just something to play with what you guys think?

I just love tones like these

please listen to the whole song its amazing and the melody doesnt start til 1:00+

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as sample quality goes, I'm a VSL fanatic. It doesn't glue as easily into contemporary music as some of the other more 'ambient' samples out there (like Symphobia and the EWQL SO), but overall I think they're the best samples out.

For choirs, I've been using EWQL Choirs for some time, but I recently found out about the CineSamples VOXOS instrument - sounds far better to me. Worth looking at, I'll be purchasing in the near future.

EWQL SO is great. Bought it in December, got the Platinum Plus version. 209 GB installed on hard disk, worth the money, worth the space.
What I actually did is wait until they had one of these offer, occassionally EWQL has these crazy offer on packages, which got me EWQL SO Platinum Plus for 399 euro, which was cheap! Still the full amount is still worth the value of this package.

EWQL SO is great. Bought it in December, got the Platinum Plus version. 209 GB installed on hard disk, worth the money, worth the space.
What I actually did is wait until they had one of these offer, occassionally EWQL has these crazy offer on packages, which got me EWQL SO Platinum Plus for 399 euro, which was cheap! Still the full amount is still worth the value of this package.

+1