Do Katatonia fans like My dying bride??...

scarlet tears

New Metal Member
Jun 13, 2005
u.k
Hello,newbie here :wave:

Just wondered, if anyone elts on here (fellow katatonia fans) also loved the dark, depressing,and heart wrenching sounds (and lyrics) of "my dying bride".what are YOUR thoughts on the band? :)

hmm..well, I like some of their stuff, but i think they can be quite boring sometimes. I find they have some great parts in a lot of there songs but then it just gets boring and carries on for 10 minutes! just my opinion

Cerulean said:
34.788% Complete is a fantastic album and I might get flamed now.

I love the first track on that album. The whore the cook and the mother i think its called

yes, i love them!
somehow i've neglected their work after "the light at the end of the world" (worth buying alone for "she is the dark" :worship: in my opinion ) but i do own all the albums prior to it and like them all /with the possible exception of some songs/.
and i agree with cerulean about the "34.788%... complete" being a great piece of work - criminally, criminally underrated ! ! !

I agree with everyone around, they really have some great tunes but they can also be a bit boring at times.
I didn't check their latest release though, I heard it wasn't that good.

I cant say that I have ever given them too much of a chance.....I have never been impressed with them.....but that doesnt mean much......since I never have really given them more than a 10 minute listen at a time.......so I guess you could say that NO I am not a fan.....

I definitely like My Dying Bride. My favorites are probably Turn Loose the Swans and The Light at the End of the World, though I like all of their albums (including the three early EP's and 34.788%...Complete)...although I've not heard much of As the Flower Withers and I haven't picked up their latest album just yet. I believe they were the first doom band I heard.