Do Katatonia fans like My dying bride??...

MDB is still one of my favorite bands (probably for about a decade now) I love almost all of their stuff, the % album was their true weak spot - although even that one had a couple of amazing songs. A lot of the newer stuff takes some patience, but in the end I find it enjoyable. There is a great atmosphere running through the last album, even if the songwriting is a bit tired. Stellar band that I have yet to see live

to be honest My Dying Bride introduced me a bit to this depressing music thing....i love them..i have some of their albums...and they get better and better....The Dreadful Shadows is kicking ass

I like them quite a bit, especially "Like Gods Of The Sun" and "Light At The End Of The World", but also the last 2 albums have some great songs. I do think that most of their albums have a limited number of really good songs.

mostly everything after "Light" sounds like rehased riffs from "Light" ... especially the dreadful hours.. and "songs" its okay ... yeah they are boring.. but their simplicity is what makes them stand out these days.. IMO
"LIght" however was the fullest sounding album they've every made and will remain on of my favorites in my discography .

MDB are one of my alltime fave bands, they've always been very special to me and this will never change.
I like all their albums but if I had to pick just one then it would be "Turn loose the swans". :worship:

MDB are great. I really enjoy "Songs of darkness...", it's an awesome record. Also, the song "Swept away" was the very song that got me hooked on doom metal. Yay. However, I rank old Anathema and old Katatonia as the keepers of the doom throne :)

the neer stuff doesn't grab me anymore. but i really enjoy Turn Loose The Swans and The Angel And The Dark River. 'Cry Of Mankind' is their standout-song imho. simply brilliant...

My Dying Bride are a wonderful band....if My Dying Bride boring is...hell then all doom metal is boring:)....i think My Dying Bride are the masters par excellence in the genre...anyway...their last couple of albums are excellent...long live the godfathers of doom

madr0x said:
I love there new cd, its all i've heard. How does it compare to older stuff?
Older stuff is darker. Songs like The Crown of Sympathy are much darker than the new album as a whole... I'd recommend Turn Loose the Swans and The Angel and the Dark River. The Light at the End of the World is good as well but that's not ass essential as the ones mentioned before. The 34.788% album is great too but that's a big sidestep of their traditional stuff so I think you should wait till later for that one.
Oh and they just released a 2 disc "best of" compilation so you might just want to get that one.

I just got into MDB not to long ago... i picked up songs of darkness words of light and im really liking this record, it has not left my CD player yet.