New My Dying Bride video (directed by Charlie Granberg)

shadowNINE

Guitar/Backing Vocals in Vacant Eyes
Upon hearing that Charlie Granberg (the director of the "My Twin" and "Deliberation" videos) had recently directed a new video for My Dying Bride's latest single, I checked his site, and sure enough, the video was available for download.

This band has been one of my favorites for a long while now, and it seems Katatonia fans might enjoy their music as well. Plus, there's the connection with the director, of course. And so I thought I'd let you folks know about this! Here is the information from the site...

Here is the new My Dying Bride video, for the first single "Deeper Down". Taken from their forthcoming album "A line of deathless kings".

The video is about a guy that is so flled with grief and self pity that he sees the world as totally black, even though you get a hint in the beginning of the video that it's summer and all. Then his visions and view of the world takes over. And it just gets darker and darker from there. Is he about to commit suicide or just taking a swim? That's up for you to decide. I have tried working on a subconscious level with a lot of symbolism and metaphors, but still trying to make it somewhat documentary-like and believable. Have a look!

And the link...

http://snapper.simbiotic.co.uk/vids/My-Dying-Bride.mov

affinityband said:
I dont either^ Very obvious ideas, executed poorly. Still it could be worse.

I guess it's better in a way that it's not a live video with the single over it or just the band playing with no story. But still...I rather just listen to the song and create my own video in my head.

LifeDepraved said:
I guess it's better in a way that it's not a live video with the single over it or just the band playing with no story. But still...I rather just listen to the song and create my own video in my head.
Yeah. I was mostly pleased to just hear the new My Dying Bride. I've actually just listened to it without watching the video a few times now.

this might be the poorest mdb release so far, even poorer than the light at the end of the world (at least that had "she is the dark" and "sear me iii" together with all the filler). i have yet to listen to the whole album - heard only 4 songs - so i will wait on my judgment of it.

btw the vid blows.

Quite an average song and video. Not quite the usually high MDB quality. Let's just hope that rest of the album is better. Btw just today I was going to purchase Deeper Down-single. Now after hearing the song I'm glad that I didn't buy it. It would have just ended up collection dust in my bookshelf .

Its a typical newskool doom metal song of mdb.I think its great for that genre but i still miss those doom/death times.Also that video really sucks.I prefer live performance of mdb as video.