PREMIERE VIDEO FOR 'MY TWIN' COMPLETED

Aprilhäxan said:
Pfff...Anders' shots can't be too many... at least for the female fans:p

yes we are still waiting for that video with naked katas...er.er...

ok, maybe some Anders´close-ups wouldn´t have damaged...but he really rokkz when he plays guitar! I also liked that shot of the arm taken from the back.

I think everyone has his space on the video, maybe the Norrmans are a little bit in the shadow, but yeah it´s ok I like those shots of the band, esp. Jonas profile and his eyes,mhhhhhhhh it reminds me of that beautiful photo on Tonight´s decision!

I'm probably going to end up agreeing with Jinn's comments once I view this — we'll see.

Sorry to hear that, Reece. I'm hoping things are improving...

I'm a huge Katatonia fan, and mean no disrespect to the band, and knowing if band members do read this theyll probably just say something like "fuck that 15 year old kid he doesnt know what he's talking about"

The song My Twin is amazing. The thing I love about Katatonia is the emotional depth in the music. The video did not capture that for me. To me, it looked alot like a Nu Metal video (Not to say Katatonia is Nu Metal), mostly because of the actors. Shots of the clock and TV and stuff were better and thought the video needed more surreal and dark shots like this that I see common in Travis's work. The girl, while attractive, was very emo looking. The interaction with the actors was not believable and seemed without depth. The video seemed superficial and there was alot of cheese. The video was just them kinda sitting and looking at each other, and I was supposed to believe that this relationship would have them emotionally ripped apart with the guy twitching violently in his sleep. The shots of the band were the best parts I thought. Jonas had some expressive eye twitch moments that i thought were cool. Shots of Daniel were cool as well. I think the video could have been exicuted much better. Obviously Im not qualified to do so, or think I could pull off a better video, and especially not a better looking video, but I know what I like and I know what I experience as good, and this video missed the mark.

BUT CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST VIDEO! LOVE THE MUSIC GUYS! One of my all time favorite bands!

But...On a whole.... the video was dissapointing

"Too much fucking emo
It's false I know"

Oh it's a really fine piece of video indeed, but drum-Daniel, I thought I read that this katatonia video would be recorded on the beach, more like beach boys? But with more alcohol and babes? huh? ;D
Nah.. :hotjump:

Congrats guys, I'm really excited to listen on the new material when the album is released