Do you believe in Extraterrestial Life?

Yes, I do. And not for what happened in Roswell (in my opinion it's all bullshit), but because the universe is so big that some extraterrestrial life should exist. I'm not 100% sure, but 95% I am.
Ah, the typical "the universe is infinite, so there must be life." view.
Please tell me exactly what the reasoning is behind your assurance being 95% that life exists.

Ah, the typical "the universe is infinite, so there must be life." view.
Please tell me exactly what the reasoning is behind your assurance being 95% that life exists.

Suppose you're wandering across the desert, and come to a strange plain covered in billions of towels. You have a look under the first few and one of them has some teapots, while the others have nothing. What sort of likelihood would you assign to the chance that another towel on the field has stuff under it?

okay, I'll start with the basics.
We're here, yeah? That is unlikely itself, probability that there would be planet with exactly the right oxygen, enough water, all the factors and resources for support us. It's almost 100% in my-opinion that there could be other life forms - not necessarily a humanoid one - somewhere in the universe. Remember that universe is huge, and we are invisible in the grand scheme of things... now I sound like a prophet.

And good towel metaphor.

Just the sheer amount of galaxies there are in the universe almost guarantees that there is some other intelligent life form out there. It is impossible for us to be the only ones in the entire universe. I highly doubt that all those galaxies are lifeless. Like already mentioned here, any other lifeforms out there might not even be humanoids. Could be some sort of "alien" creature, who knows.

I think about stuff like this quite often. Something very amazing to think about. Especially when you are looking at pictures of other galaxies and just trying to imagine what could be in them.

This is weird because I was just in Roswell, NM for the UFO festival and met STANTON FRIEDMAN!!! There is more of a possibility that life exists out in the universe than that we are alone. There is water on the moon and snow on mars.... The original broadcast from the astronauts who landed on the moon includes an eleven minute section about a man made structure located near one of the poles. BELIEVE

Suppose you're wandering across the desert, and come to a strange plain covered in billions of towels. You have a look under the first few and one of them has some teapots, while the others have nothing. What sort of likelihood would you assign to the chance that another towel on the field has stuff under it?

there are actually mathematicians who actually get paid to try to figure out the answer to this question

And maybe we aren't even looking in a lot of potential habitable zones because our preconception of where the Goldilocks Zone should be is biased toward the presence of life that is too similar to our own.

it's possible that there are extraterrestials out there that aren't walking around earth because they just simply can't

it's possible that there are types of space-faring extraterestrial lifeforms that can't breathe earth's atmosphere

for those who don't remember chemistry class oxegen is actually corrosive, if there were an earth-sized-earth-shaped planet with extremely little or possibley no oxegen, it's possible that there could be life on such a planet that doesn't use any oxegen for it's resperation, such an organism would probably not be able to breathe in oxegen-rich earth atmosphere, for that organism, oxegen would actually be harmful; the oxegen would melt the organisms lungs, in the same was that oxegen turns metal into rust and make dead stuff "rot"