Do You Have A Song That Changed Your Life?

Reminds me of this thread: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/woods-ypres/711439-music-video-changed-your-life-sentenced.html

Anyway, I do know I have an album that changed my life. Until my 12th birthday, in 1991, I had been listening to stuff like Def Leppard, AC/DC and Iron Maiden. That changed when my brother got me (by mistake, he hated metal) a tape with Anthrax - Persistence Of Time.
I listened to that tape day and night, and I actually at that time believed that this was the heaviest any music could ever get. Which brings me to another eye opener, when at a kids' disco, I had the dj play some Anthrax (I knew he was a metal guy) and I told my friends that this is the wildest there is. He overheard me, and told me to pay attention as he put on Napalm Death. Needless to say, that was a jaw dropping experience for me. Everybody else fled the tent... :)

I haven't looked back since.

For me it is actually 2 songs that changed my life.

Up until 1998, my senior year in High School, I only really listened to bands that were on the radio. I did still listen to the popular Metal bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, etc. but I never went anywhere beyond that. Then one day I bought a copy of Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles magazine mainly because it was only $4 and it came with a free CD. There were a few bands on that CD that I would get into later like Witchery and Naglfar but The 2 songs from it that forever changed me were "Farewell" by Sentenced and "Cassandra" by Theatre Of Tragedy. After that day I bought every single issue of BW&BK until they stopped printing the magazine in 2008, those CD's introduced me to so many bands that I lost count.

Then one day I bought a copy of Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles magazine mainly because it was only $4 and it came with a free CD. There were a few bands on that CD that I would get into later like Witchery and Naglfar but The 2 songs from it that forever changed me were "Farewell" by Sentenced and "Cassandra" by Theatre Of Tragedy.

Reminds me of when I got a copy of Metalized (a Danish metal mag, that has been around for 25 years). I think it was in 1996. It had a free Century Media compilation cd. I had never heard any of the bands on it other than Grave, I think. When you see the track list and you know what I listen to today, you'll know the impact this cd had on me:

1. The Gathering - Eleanor
2. Tiamat - Whatever That Hurts
3. Monnspell - Vampiria
4. Iced Earth - Last December
5. Nevermore - What Tomorrow Knows
6. Sentenced - Nepenthe
7. Samael - Into The Pentagram
8. Grave - Soulless
9. Unleashed - Victims Of War
10. -18. Unimportant bands

Around the same time, I borrowed Amorphis - Tales From The Thousand Lakes from a friend. That album obviously blew me away.

As lame as it sounds, "Through The Fire and the Flames" by Dragonforce changed my life haha. I'm not a fan of Guitar Hero remotely, but I had never heard anything like Dragonforce, which introduced me to power metal. I don't really listen to Dragonforce anymore, but I couldn't imagine my life without metal, and I owe it all to them.