Do you like Creed?

When they first came out, I thought the singer had a nice emotic voice. He really gives of himself as an artist in his performance, but after the next CD came out, the songs started to sound a bit similar to me.
Many people here want to bash popular music and that's their business. The problem with modern pop-rock to me isn't that it doesn't sound good, but the fact that it doesn't stand many plays before it gets stale. Creed never stood the test of time to me, but it's common with me. Fuel's first CD and The Goo Goo Dolls (Rzeznik singing vocals) have been a couple of the few exceptions.

Bryant

humm.. Creed... i stand it.. its not that bad..

i think Bryant its right, but i could add.

The NEW pop-rock its like a prostitute... you fuck her once, maybe twice... but after the "magic" its gone, you just throw her away, and look for another. i call it: "Macdonalds Music"....

of course.. there are a lot of exceptions.

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
humm.. Creed... i stand it.. its not that bad..

i think Bryant its right, but i could add.

The NEW pop-rock its like a prostitute... you fuck her once, maybe twice... but after the "magic" its gone, you just throw her away, and look for another. i call it: "Macdonalds Music"....

of course.. there are a lot of exceptions.

Ha ha ha great analogy. I don't have quite the pinnache to think of it that way. On a second note, I mentioned The Fuel as an exception. One song I absolutely can not wear out is Hemorrhage (In My Hands.) In twenty year, classic rock stations will be blasting that one like they do Boston now. I think that's the best Rock and Roll song that has been released since the 70's.

Bryant

First off, Jimmy Page should sue for copyright infringment. Second of all, guitar boy needs to knock it off with the orgasm faces whenever he plays one of those simple little melodies. And lastly, who told Mushmouth that he could sing?

I like some Creed songs, but I agree that they really don't have any staying power. Most of their stuff is cookie-cutter rock. I must admit, I do have a soft spot for 'arms wide open', being that I have a child and can relate to that feeling.

As for the Goo Goo Dolls, I have all their cds and I love their music. Don't give a rat's ass what people think either. Simplistic, but well written with some beautiful melodies. I was a little let down with 'Gutterflower', but it has it's moments. I hope their next release will be a little less 'poppy'.

Bryant said:
Ha ha ha great analogy. I don't have quite the pinnache to think of it that way. On a second note, I mentioned The Fuel as an exception. One song I absolutely can not wear out is Hemorrhage (In My Hands.) In twenty year, classic rock stations will be blasting that one like they do Boston now. I think that's the best Rock and Roll song that has been released since the 70's.

Bryant

I pretty much doubt that they'll be playing Fuel anywhere in 20 years. Those guys used to be local heroes here, and now not a single radio station in the area plays their stuff. Same thing with Live actually. Oh well. Good riddance to bad rubbish (ie: all college rock).

Yes I like Creed, and it's also good that someone mentioned Fuel, as I like them too. People can crap on about how alternative rock is shitty but I never gave a fuck... I don't see anything wrong with listening to both rock and metal.

None_So_Vile, it's not really up to you what is disguessed on here its a GENERAL music descusion bored, so if u dont like it theres not much u can do,

creed had a couple of ok song, i dont really like them but i wouldnt rather be deaf than listen to them... and i dunno what the hells on with all the faces !!!

I think a few songs are ok, but overall, I find them soulless and more then that, bland - but that's not the thing that puts me off the most, it's their attitude, particularly Stapp's. I refuse to finance or endorse a band if their attitude or what have you is too out of line, the whole "just listen to the music" thing doesn't work for me - would you walk up to someone you don't agree with or respect AT ALL, who you would wind up punching in the face after 10 minutes, who would think likewise of you, and hand them your money cause they have good fashion sense?

Good call on the Fuel and especially Live, I love both those bands.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
I pretty much doubt that they'll be playing Fuel anywhere in 20 years. Those guys used to be local heroes here, and now not a single radio station in the area plays their stuff. Same thing with Live actually. Oh well. Good riddance to bad rubbish (ie: all college rock).

I totally disagree. The only song that would probably get that play in 20 years is "Hemorrhage", from what I have heard but that song was a "classic" the day it was released. I haven't heard any of their other music less that CD and the song "Shimmer" but if the rest of their stuff sucks, they put a thumb-print in rock music with the one song.

Bryant

As for the Goo Goo Dolls, I have all their cds and I love their music. Don't give a rat's ass what people think either. Simplistic, but well written with some beautiful melodies. I was a little let down with 'Gutterflower', but it has it's moments. I hope their next release will be a little less 'poppy'.[/QUOTE]

"Gutterflower" certainly didn't compare to Dizzy. They need to let Rzeznik sing all of the songs as well. Anytime I listen to a new Dolls song, if I hear Takek open his mouth, I go to the next song. I'm sure he's a great guy, but I sing as well as he does (and I suck) and Rzeznik might have the greatest voice in the genre. I don't get it. : /

Bryant