Guilty Pleasures

Southern Man I Am

Fiend Club
Jul 16, 2002
Haysi, VA
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this topic before but I will post anyways. What are some bands that you hate yourself for loving?

Mine are:

Boxcar Racer - I hate Blink 182 and the whole pop punk thing but for some reason I like this bands songs.

Creed - I realize that they do not live by a lot of the lyrics they write but I just love the songs. Especially the first cd they some good riffs and shit on it.

I have told you guys my dirty little secrets now tell me yours.

:lol: Great coincidence

Creed-Mostly the first album, but I enjoy some songs of the other albums too

Bon Jovi-Yeah I love the way Richie plays so shoot me :p

I dont feel guilty for anything I listen too. I ahve a wide variety of music in my collection. From techno dance shit to country(only 1 disk got left at my place so I added it to my collection) to rap and of course my preference metal. I actally like Eminem though. and some of the new soft main strwam rock like Default and Nickleback

well... i like blink 182, some old korn, sum 41 songs, they did that one song "rock its what were about" or some shit, man that song started off totally metal then it went straight to hell with rap bull shit. I like some other bands and shit too from hair metal to some whiney crap but i hate their antics, like sum-41 poser bull shit hailing old school but making the music they do that is totally unrelated i hate shit like that. i like smashing pumpkins, mudvayne, godsmack, coal chamber, some southern rock stuff, kittie, nirvanas unplugged stuff, slipknot, dave matthews, guns n roses, if you consider any of that stuff guilty pleasrues.

I suppose that some of the stuff that I listen to is a "no-no" in the underground metal realm, but I just don't care. I like the following bands/artists:

Alanis Morrissette
Ben Folds Five
Blur
Bush
Dave Matthews Band
Everclear
Foo Fighters
Goo Goo Dolls
Nirvana
Oasis
Silverchair

I realize this will totally destroy my grim image, but I could care less. :p

Why would I feel guilty about something that I enjoy listening to? Does it matter what others think? I like The Offspring (old), Nirvana, S.O.A.D etc...and many of you probably laugh at these bands. Doesn't bother me.

I listen to a whole lot of non-metal stuff, but I don't find any shame in it. However, I rarely admit on this forum that I own 6 Cradle of Filth CDs. Oh I got two more since I clicked Board's link: I'm a huge Marilyn Manson and Tool fan, have been for years, those two bands are probably hated 'round these parts. :D OH! One more, I think the first Limp Bizkit CD is awesome, I wouldn't put it in my top 10 of all time, but it definitely swims around my top 20. Okay I'm done.

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~
How can one get so much sparetime and actually listen to such things, when there´s so much metal, that yet haven´t been heard???

Oh man you're so metal... common give me a hug ;)

Just a tought, the most experienced musicians are the ones that appreciate different types of music.