Guilty Metal Pleasures

For All Tid is fantastic, one of my all-time favourite black metal albums. :worship:

PEM and SBD would round out my top three Dimmu albums.

But I personally don't understand the praise for EDT or Stormblåst. They're still great albums though.

Huh...I don't see how Dimmu Borgir can actually be defended from EDT onward, aside from the fact that some of it is catchy. I was listening to EDT yesterday and thinking "Wow, this is an objectively stupid album." But I do enjoy it on some level. It's fucking stupid music, though. Seriously.

Huh...I don't see how Dimmu Borgir can actually be defended from EDT onward, aside from the fact that some of it is catchy. I was listening to EDT yesterday and thinking "Wow, this is an objectively stupid album." But I do enjoy it on some level. It's fucking stupid music, though. Seriously.

I see what you mean. Even on EDT I feel sorta... unclean, for deriving enjoyment from listening to such a cheesy album. :lol:

Not as stupid as...

Epica
Within Temptation
Europe
Lionheart

My wife loves Within Temptation, but I can take or leave them. I was wondering if wanky guitar shit like Yngwie Malmsteen, Marty Friedman, and Steve Vai would be considered "guilty pleasure music"? I don't feel bad about listening to WIDDLY WIDDLY DEE DEE DEEEEEEEEEEE for 80 minutes straight, but not too many people appreciate that stuff.