do you like DREAM THEATRE??

to me is a masterpiece!

the best meshuggah album ever!

it is extremely heavy and low frequencies(8 string guitar) blow you away!!!

rythmic patterns are incredibly complex(4/4 with intricate polyrythms)and vocals are harsher than a tornado!

the future of metal!!

I have the live concert in New York with the original cover . It's killer !!! :D

Dream Theater is one of the best prog-metal band nowadays.

well i have to say that im not a huge fan either, there not the best band ever or in the US. but the side project liquid tension experiment beats them. theres 3 guys from dream theater in that band and there all instramental songs, quite impressive and 4 songs in a row are at least 10 min long. my dads thinks that dream theater are better but i disagree. but its all opinoin, and check out LTE. there quite good

I would have to say that Dream Theater, although not very heavy, is one of the best bands out there. Not necessarily the best Metal band,for i don't know how Metal they are, but their songs have a tact to them that makes any musician's jaw drop when they see Jordan Russ (Keyboard) and John Petrucci (Guitar) play an insanely fast duet that puts any other band to shame. Along with the incredible style of Mike Portnoy (Drums) the Berkley School of Music graduates incorporate all kinds of weird time signatures that make songs good to listen to and full of changes. Anyway, yes I think that Dream Theater is a great band, and I hope they keep Rocking.

all the tallent of dream theater lies in there guitarist... and hes got John has alot of tallent but he kinda sucks most of the time in DT, best thing he ever did in dt was his live solo song... he doesnt need them.

Mike Portnoy is destroyed bye rush's drummer, not that i like rush but there drummer rules when he solo's... certanly not boring like portnoy's drumm solo is

-Necro

Granted Portnoy's few recorded solos aren't all too in depth nor all that articulate... Listen to some of his work throughout any of their last two albums and you'll find that Neal Peart's drums in song hardly stand up to Portnoy's beats... Although Neil Peart was definitely good enough for me to remember his name, in comparison to Portnoy's constant changing-of-beats and flawless usage of different times signatures I think that Peart has definitely been bested. I think that Portnoy simply used up all of his best beats for the songs, not to show off.

Don't et me wrong, there's nothing bad about Rush, nor Neil Peart, just musically Dream Theater has more going for them.

...and to reply to flaminfetus:
Yes both albums of Liquid Tension experiment are great, even if you don't like Dream Theater. All the song shave more of a Jazz feel to them than Metal, but Petrucci clearly made some metal moments in there... :Smokedev: and its better than most of the stuff off of any one of their albums, which I enjoy when I'm in a liter mood...

Originally posted by Mr.Painkiller
Granted Portnoy's few recorded solos aren't all too in depth nor all that articulate... Listen to some of his work throughout any of their last two albums and you'll find that Neal Peart's drums in song hardly stand up to Portnoy's beats... Although Neil Peart was definitely good enough for me to remember his name, in comparison to Portnoy's constant changing-of-beats and flawless usage of different times signatures I think that Peart has definitely been bested. I think that Portnoy simply used up all of his best beats for the songs, not to show off.

Don't et me wrong, there's nothing bad about Rush, nor Neil Peart, just musically Dream Theater has more going for them.

you are totally crazy!

i have no answer to a post like this

my comment should be only of graphic nature:

:rolleyes:

ah! no!

i have one comment about mr. painkiller(what an ugly nick)

not rush nor dream theater

in dictionary at the voice dream theater :

"rush clone without that style and precision in tempo signature"

stop!

:lol:

I pretty much gave up on them after Kevin Moore left cuz Falling into Infinity didn't impress me too much. But this newer stuff sounds alright....maybe I'll pick up the new album after all.

I'm a pretty big fan of Dream Theater. John Petrucci is one of my favorite guitarists and Mike Portnoy is probably my favorite drummer.

I just saw them live a month ago and they were awesome but I would not listen to them on cd. They are great musicians but more like a group of studio guys than a band with a message.