do you like DREAM THEATRE??

Hell yeah I do! One of, IMHO, the greatest bands out there! Sure, Kevin Moore's sound is gone, but Rudess is carrying the banner just fine. I will always be a fan. For more in-depth stuff, check out www.dreamtheater.net. I'm the same name there. If you don't know they're work, get some right now. I personally reccomend Images and Words or Awake.

Sorry to sound hyper, but DT freakin rules!

And right behind them and gaining fast is, of course, Pain of Salvation. But they don't belong in this forum, do they? :)

My only real gripe is James LaBrie. From what I've heard of the two live albums I have (Once in a Livetime and Live Scenes From New York) he is HORRIBLE live. If he'd just keep his singing to how it sounds in the studio albums, it might be great.

Once you get past him, though, the band is great. Petrucci, Portnoy, Rudess (I miss Moore's songwriting in later albums), and Myung know how to make the music.

For those times I don't care to listen to LaBrie's voice, I just pull out the Liquid Tension Experiment CDs. What more can ya ask for?

LaBries voice is good live, he just wears it out after the first song or two, which is a shame. Needs some training to keep it all together.

DT are cool. They continue to amaze me with everything they do. Good solid band.

Respect DT as musicians but have never liked them as much to buy their albums. Maybe because one of my friends tried to force feed DT to a bunch of us and we all got sick of it.

Soilworker: Care for some good advice? Change the avatar. No offence intended.

I love DT.......and own all of their albums. DT was the first band I ever listened to that resembled metal (unless people consider Poison resembling metal), and now metal is all I listen to. So they were the "gateway" band for me. I can see where people wouldn't like them, though........I personally hate Meshuggah (and basically any band that screams).....but to each his own.

About Labrie's voice live: I agree it goes out towards the end of the show -- I think he's just getting older and out of shape both vocally and physically. I've heard he could last longer earlier in his career......but when DT plays 3 hour sets his voice doesn't make it even to the intermission.....

About Kevin Moore: If nobody noticed, Jordan Rudess is 15 times more talented than Kevin ever was, hell Derek Sherinian was better.......and Kevin Moore didn't write many of the songs anyway. That said, Images and Words was their best album, but I think that had nothing to do with KM.

About Petrucci being the only one with the talent: John Myung is one of the best bassists alive......just watch him and listen to him, it's amazing. And, he wrote my favorite DT song, Learning to Live. Portnoy is a better drummer than any of the stuff he plays with the band, I've seen a couple of his clinics......and Neil Peart? He was good by 1978 standards. He was a pioneer, yes, but many modern drummers can play circles around him.

Originally posted by beasleymachine
I love DT.......and own all of their albums. DT was the first band I ever listened to that resembled metal (unless people consider Poison resembling metal), and now metal is all I listen to. So they were the "gateway" band for me. I can see where people wouldn't like them, though........I personally hate Meshuggah (and basically any band that screams).....but to each his own.

About Labrie's voice live: I agree it goes out towards the end of the show -- I think he's just getting older and out of shape both vocally and physically. I've heard he could last longer earlier in his career......but when DT plays 3 hour sets his voice doesn't make it even to the intermission.....

About Kevin Moore: If nobody noticed, Jordan Rudess is 15 times more talented than Kevin ever was, hell Derek Sherinian was better.......and Kevin Moore didn't write many of the songs anyway. That said, Images and Words was their best album, but I think that had nothing to do with KM.

About Petrucci being the only one with the talent: John Myung is one of the best bassists alive......just watch him and listen to him, it's amazing. And, he wrote my favorite DT song, Learning to Live. Portnoy is a better drummer than any of the stuff he plays with the band, I've seen a couple of his clinics......and Neil Peart? He was good by 1978 standards. He was a pioneer, yes, but many modern drummers can play circles around him.

what an amount of bullshits!

:lol:

do me a favour go and listen to rush live in st. louis bootleg from 1980 before saying that shit about neil peart !

listen to the drum solo!

i think that very few drummers can do this !

even and expecially nowadays!

modern prog make me puke....

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

DT is amazing.. even if you don't like their music you must admit they are sooooo damn talented! Awake is my favorite album of theirs.. and the new one is AMAZING too and very mature.. The Glass Prison is such a great song.. I highly reccomend this album to anyone... It's easier to get into than their old stuff so if you are looking to get into this band I suggest the new album.