Do you like Jasonic? Do you like Zak Stevens?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Ok, so maybe you will only answer yes to ONE of those questions..... :D

I just wanted to let everyone know, esp the Chicago area peeps, that my band GHOST IN THE RUINS will be performing two SAVATAGE tunes with Zak Stevens during Circle II Circle's set on Saturday April 2nd @ Q BILLIARDS AND SPORTS, in sunny Darien, IL

Hope to see some of you locals there.

Hey Jasonic, I was just wondering what made you start a Sava tribute band? Its not exactly gonna be a huge crowd puller. I'm not taking a potshot here either, I love Savatage to death and think its cool that there even is a Sava tribute band. Whats ur motivation and what kinda crowd you getting to the shows?

If it wasn't for the fact that that's my birthday I might've made it, since as you know it isn't too far away from me. Good luck on the show though.

Hey Jasonic, I was just wondering what made you start a Sava tribute band? Its not exactly gonna be a huge crowd puller. I'm not taking a potshot here either, I love Savatage to death and think its cool that there even is a Sava tribute band. Whats ur motivation and what kinda crowd you getting to the shows?

I didn't start the band.
They needed a bass player, and it worked as I was looking to be in a stress-free band, and they practice really close to where I lived.
We met and all got together great. Just fell into place.

I can not argue any of what you say, as I have no idea long term how well the band will do.

I guess the only difference with a Sava-tribute band, compared to others, is that there currently is no Savatage.

Either way, for me personally, I am having a blast playing bass again.

hahahaha, I just have to give Jason crap because he goofed on another Savatage cover act for a while last year and now he is in one.

It's cool. Yea, I goof on a lot of bands.
I am not the world's biggest Savatage fan by any means,though I certainly have a much different appreciation for them and their music, now that I have learned many of their tunes and now play it.

I was never familiar at all with most of the Zak era stuff.
There is some great material there.

Hall of the Mountain King always has been and always will be my favorite SAVATAGE album of all time though.

Oh, one more thing I thought of......
Zak informed me that Circle II Circle will be performing a lot of SAVATAGE material this tour, moreso than they usually play. I don't know what tunes they will be playing (Well, aside from 2 of course....)

Now see, this is where Glenn should come in with a "I'm not coming to your gig, but here's my opinion on what you did wrong, why Manilla Road should have headlined, what demographic you're missing, etc."

And then change the subject to Blackguard.:lol:

Now see, this is where Glenn should come in with a "I'm not coming to your gig, but here's my opinion on what you did wrong, why Manilla Road should have headlined, what demographic you're missing, etc."

And then change the subject to Blackguard.:lol:

I'll do it, and I'll do it in Jasonspeak.

Jasonic I think that you are overexposing your cover band by having Zak Stevens sing two songs for you guys.

Don't you understand that the fans will see through this deception and come to the reality that your band is not an adequate Savatage cover band?

The fans know man.

They know quality when they see it and no amount of overexposure will change that.

Sorry, in a few years I think your cover band won't amount to anything because well, the fans know. They just do.

Oh, and Blackguard.