Do you like Jasonic? Do you like Zak Stevens?

I do not believe so.
Unfortunately, as in the past, this CIIC tour isn't really being promoted all that well. The band has announced it through FB, which is the only place I have yet to even see it be mentioned.

20 people were still there when the CIIC show finished up last night in Winston-Salem. I can't say I was surprised though - a Sunday night, a country bar, not well promoted...

Zak signed my Edge of Thorns CD booklet - which was cool.

"Conversation Piece" was a highlight, though actually they played too many Savatage songs IMO.

Yeah, I am not thrilled with how little promotion for the Darien, IL show this Saturday there is. I had warned the local promoter that a show like this appeals to a very niche audience and promotion would be key. I have seen zero promotion for it. Oh well. I am still really looking forward to it.

What Sava-tunes were played?

What Sava-tunes were played?

Taunting Cobras
Edge of Thorns
Conversation Piece
He Carves His Stone
Lights Out
Complaint in the System
Anymore

I grabbed a setlist - looks like they dropped If I Go Away and Alone You Breathe.
The band didn't get onstage until 11:30 - the local band right prior took forever to setup - and spent more time pulling their hair behind their heads than anything - and played their full set, taking time for chit chat - very unprofessional IMO.

I did?
Obviously I have been in communication with Zak in coordinating all of this.
Just stating a fact that he told me which would have been of interest to anyone who would go see Circle II Circle.

Well, thanks for "name-dropping" (which, BTW, you didn't). This key piece of information straight from Zak clinched my decision to go to the St. Paul show on Friday. THANKS! :headbang:

Anyone know what the cover will be for this show?
Last time I think it was around $10.

I don't.....sorry...
If I find out I will let you know.
I did find out today that the first band is going on at 9:30PM, and CIIC themselves are not arriving until 7:30PM or later.
We are obviously using their backline, so no soundcheck!!!! :loco:

Well, thanks for "name-dropping" (which, BTW, you didn't). This key piece of information straight from Zak clinched my decision to go to the St. Paul show on Friday. THANKS! :headbang:

Cool! Let us know how it is / was.
Very content with their selection of Savatage tunes, very EDGE OF THORNS heavy.

Hey Lee,
When is that Wrath of Ragnarok CD coming out with guest vocals from Butch from Argus?? Are you going to be recording that shiznit in Kenosha this summer?

Please let me know when you are performing live this year. :)

hahahahahahahahaha. Exactly.

I have no idea what to expect crowd wise.
The club and promoter did very little promotion for this.
I even asked them many times for promotional material to assist with it, even though we weren't playing a full set, but nothing....

They added some local band VEILSIDE who I hear are big in the suburban hard rock circuit... Who knows... Will still be fun regardless.

Man, the crickets thing was mean... :lol:

Whatevs........
I only posted it here in the first place as I know there are many Savatage fans around these parts.
I have no clue how many people show up for a CIIC show these days, as I have never seen them.
I am just excited to be playing live, esp with Zac.
Should be a good time.

As I said, when Lee has a gig, let me know so I can come support.....

Whatevs........
I only posted it here in the first place as I know there are many Savatage fans around these parts.
I have no clue how many people show up for a CIIC show these days, as I have never seen them.
I am just excited to be playing live, esp with Zac.
Should be a good time.

As I said, when Lee has a gig, let me know so I can come support.....

I would be there if you weren't in Chi-town.

Then again, if that was the case, you wouldn't be a part of the posse and wouldn't entertain us so much around here. So it's almost a good thing that I can't make it if you think about it... :D

Yet another odd Circle II Circle booking - Greene Street Pub in Greensboro, NC on 9/16. This venue is not even on my radar for shows, and it's scheduled for the Friday night of ProgPower. Are they intentionally trying to play to a couple dozen people?
I doubt that I would have heard about the show had I not been chatting with the singer of the opener at the Alestorm show last night as his band is opening the CIIC show as well.

Yet another odd Circle II Circle booking - Greene Street Pub in Greensboro, NC on 9/16. This venue is not even on my radar for shows, and it's scheduled for the Friday night of ProgPower. Are they intentionally trying to play to a couple dozen people?
I doubt that I would have heard about the show had I not been chatting with the singer of the opener at the Alestorm show last night as his band is opening the CIIC show as well.

I'd be up for it, especially since its in Greensboro... but alas, I'll be at ProgPower lol