Do you think Bob Rock is an excelent producer?

He's awesome. He can adjust for a super-fu**ing-mega sound, or a poop-demo-sh*t sound, if the artist wants it. Metallica is THE example of that.

He invented the "Nordström" miking technique ffs. ;)

He invented the "Nordström" miking technique ffs. ;)

Ooh, this I did not know, I always thought he was more of a "producer" in the traditional sense, acting as a liason between band and label, making arrangement changes, coaxing the best takes out of the members, etc., (like Rubin, for example) rather than the technical aspects...

Bob Rock makes some of the best kick sounds tho
Even back in the day motley crue, bon jovie they all got a monster kick sound
oh yea?? THE BLACK ALBUM :)

The drum sound on the black album is simply the best drum sound ever put on a metal record in my opinion.

Joe

The drum sound on the black album is simply the best drum sound ever put on a metal record in my opinion.

Joe

i think it fitted the music PERFECTLY, but dont think it will work on lots of metal things, especially the new metal sort of stuff

It sounds good, but I think the recording sessions for this Mercyful fate cover thing was more fun aspect and not that much effort spended like on the Black Album or Load. Nevertheless it´s very, very interesting to listen to the single tracks. Not each single element has to sound like gold to reach a good mix.

And yes..I think, he´s an excelent producer.

Yeah felix, the thing that got me was the room sound of the kick, its quite wierd. Drums sound very compressed and super attacky apart from the toms which sound kind of distant (yet still amazing). The snare is so powerful and consistent... Why cant my drums sound that good :( :lol:

Joe