Do you think....

mindspell

vvv Jake's ass vvv
Jul 6, 2002
Montreal
www.mindspell.org
That bands like the Hellacopters and Jon Spencer BX are getting the raw en of a good deal? These guys, and others, have been recording non-stop since the early to mid-nineties music that is all over the radio right now. The Hives, The Strokes, the White Stripes are making money hand over fist and these guys still have their relative anonymity.

mindspell said:
that there is such a thing as karma? If yes, how come assholes with money never get slapped back? Because they can hide it?
according to hinduism, reincarnation.

I've only heard one song by the Hellacopters. Dunno. Aren't Jon Spencer BX quite popular (i.e. making more money than say, Godspeed You! Black Emperor?)

someone could turn the heat down in this office? i jokingly say 'what is it, 80 degrees?' and vish goes over to the thermostat and says 'no 82'

Hellacopters totally got a raw deal. They deserve to be huge since they're tons better than most of those bands. They can certainly out arena-rock the Darkness.

I remember telling my hipster friend about them in like '96 only to have his clique sorta catch up in maybe '99 or so. He coulda been waaaaaay ahead of the times, but noooooooo. He wouldn't listen to me since I'm not certified cool.

I love that record too. I used to be all about "Clandestine", but I totally did a 180 and can't listen to that record very much anymore. I'm bummed I keep having to miss them when they tour, but I always keep up with 'em.

Clandestine has been so plagiarized that i can't listen to it anymore either. Inferno is the best record they put out since To Ride.. in my opinion, which bodes well for the future (although they are so inconsistent since Nicke Andersson left the next one might be garbage)