do you trust nevermore enough to buy the new album without sampling it first?

• Thread starter metallica sucks, nevermore rules
  • Start date
M

metallica sucks, nevermore rules

metallica taught us all a valuable lesson....try before you buy. you never know who is gonna sell out for the sake of commercial greed, or who is gonna cave in to pressure from the label.

theres only a few bands that i trust enough without downloading several songs first. those are slayer, morbid angel, hateplow, nevermore and iron maiden(now that bruce is back)

with those bands you can be sure they will not soften, yet will come up with fresh new material without repeating themselves

Pssh, buying CDs without sampling them kicks ass, provided you dont get a COMEPLETE dud (which rarely happens anyway).

I've officially stopped downloading CDs anymore, as it completely ruins the magic of buying a CD from the store, popping it in not knowing what to expect, and being blown away. I miss that.

I'll be buying the new Meshuggah, new In Flames, Nevermore, Testament, Opeths, Children of Bodom, Strapping Young Lad, Porcupine Tree, and Ozric Tentacles without listening to a note first. So I might get a few less than perfect CDs. Its not that big a deal.

Yeah I trust them enough to just go ahead and buy it ...my main concern is it being available near me without having to do online shopping, otherwise I'll be at the store on the release date (Whenever that is)

surprises are only good if they are GOOD surprises.

listening to load for the first time is like this:

like taking home a beautiful woman, youre about to fuck her, and you pull down her panties, and theres a dick :puke:

i dont like those kinds of surprises. i prefer to find out first what im getting.

Are you daft, laddie? How does "letdown" have anything remotely to do with Nevermore? Come on now!

BTW: nice attitude, Brooks, I'm totally with you; there isn't one band I listen to who I would cheat like that...buying people's shit is way too important to me!

Brooks: New meshuggah is hideous... trust me, don't buy it at all, it is terrible, i am ashamed of my love for previous meshuggah...

I'll sample the new nevermore thankyou... i'll probably even buy it even if i hate it... *shrug*

I'll sample the new morbid angel too, gateways although a good album, doesn't get much play from me... BRING BACK FORMULAS!! PROGGY MORBID ANGEL RULES! :D

yeah well i don't trust them 100% anymore,that is:
a few weeks before the album is out,half of the board will have downloaded it.if there are people who'll say it's crap,i'll download a couple of songs to judge for myself.but hopefully everyone will say it's great and all,so i guess i'll meet my copy at the store.

I recall St. Anger's release date. Will had been telling me it'll be so awesome, so I told him " Send it to me, if you think I'd like it, when you buy it." That day, I asked what he thought.

I can't really even paraphrase him, but it was a long string of expletives and anger over the album's... "interesting qualities."