do you trust nevermore enough to buy the new album without sampling it first?

• Thread starter metallica sucks, nevermore rules
  • Start date
of course, but this is "the battle of the new albums that us oldschool goobers don't particularly love but the lame-o noobs do so we side with the one that's pretty cool and trash the others"

I guess I'm glad that $15 won't sink me - and I would gladly hand that over to the band regardless of how the album sounded. NM has always been my favorite band, and they get my money no questions asked. I just wish they got more than .17 cents for each cd sold!

Maybe we can start a new trend of downloading the songs for free and then sending a personal check or money order straight to the guys to split amongst themselves.

I'd download first for sure. I buy the CD later on, but I usually enjoy the ritual of buying the physical product and playing it.

I blind buy pretty frequently. The most I'll do is listen to some song samples on amazon or something and look up some reviews. I've only been screwed over once on a blind buy several years ago back when I was pretty ignorant to the shit my peers were listening to at the time. I thought "Avenged Sevenfold, huh? Well, I've heard some pretty good stuff about them and this is pretty cheap so why not..." I open the booklet and see what the band looks like and that sealed it. I listened to the first few seconds of each song out of principle and promptly sold it.

For the record: EoR>S/T>PoE>TGE, IM, DNB>DHiaDW

Yeah hard T. Although I suppose it's more about the New part though. The EW is more like the EW of being repulsed, as if something was icky? I cannot recall if this is a real word or not, so EW is the best I can come up with. So New with thet EW sound and T.