do you trust nevermore enough to buy the new album without sampling it first?

• Thread starter metallica sucks, nevermore rules
  • Start date
i will always love metallica
:)

+1

I am actually buying the new metallica when it comes out without listening to it first, it is more fun this way. Metallica is the band that got me into metal and made me want to play guitar. I will buy the album, ripp it, if i like it, i'll keep it, if not, it goes to the used section of silver platters. Anyway, i'm seeing them live in bucharest on 23rd of july with my dad. Fuck yeah!

metallica should just grow their hair out again and only play stuff up until the black album and tour constantly. they'd be selling out but dammit that'd be awesome, seeing metallica rip it up old school, i wish i could've seen them after master of puppets came out.

Funny.

I want those new 45rpm vinyl reissues of the first few albums, but then I think about it, and I don't even want to give those shit eaters my money.

They pissed me off AGAIN when Lars said that they've been looking at Trent and Radiohead's new release methods for ideas on how to release the new record.

What the fuck?? Metallica, you spent so much time, effort, and credibility FIGHTING file sharing and prospective new internet models, and NOW you decide to embrace it? Fucking hypocrites! Pick a story and stick with it! Release the album on CD, let it leak, and reap what you've spent so much effort sowing! Money grubbing elitist douchebags!

I would have bought those new vinyl reissues. Sorry Metallica--if that even is your real name--you'll never ever be seeing a cent from me.

Buying blind to me is like putting shoes on without checking in Arizona. One day, you'll regret it. I did once, it won't happen again.

No for me, it was an album I will not name, but not Nevermore.

I thought TGE was ok, but it didn't hold up for me that long, so I side with Derick and favor EoR. I do own both though, and I downloaded both first too.

Yea downloading ruins the fun for me as well. Unless it's something I have no idea if I would like, I will rarely even download samples of albums nowdays. Besides, I have tons of albums that initially bored me and I have now come to appreciate years later.

Sometimes, if the band purposely makes a song available for download, I'll cave and listen. It's the modern equiv. of a single being played on the radio a month before the record comes out.

I remember when CM leaked (purposefully) the song eOr (kelly grey, even!). I had a listen, and was blown away! It made me want the record that much more!

Then, I bought TGE blindly. Big mistake :(

Funny.

I want those new 45rpm vinyl reissues of the first few albums, but then I think about it, and I don't even want to give those shit eaters my money.

They pissed me off AGAIN when Lars said that they've been looking at Trent and Radiohead's new release methods for ideas on how to release the new record.

What the fuck?? Metallica, you spent so much time, effort, and credibility FIGHTING file sharing and prospective new internet models, and NOW you decide to embrace it? Fucking hypocrites! Pick a story and stick with it! Release the album on CD, let it leak, and reap what you've spent so much effort sowing! Money grubbing elitist douchebags!

I would have bought those new vinyl reissues. Sorry Metallica--if that even is your real name--you'll never ever be seeing a cent from me.

Fuck yes, my friend! I read that shit the other day and almost fell out of my chair. It's like dropping an atom bomb on the wrong city...you can't just say "oops" and then walk away after all the damage you've done.