Does anybody else Strongly Strongly Highly Strongly Dislike Kill Switch Engaged?

I think they're a pretty average band playing a form of music that's overdone and rather boring in my opinion. None of the musicians in the band are any better than average, and they seem to be just another HC band trying to play Metal and failing bigtime. If you wanta hear how this formula could ACTUALLY WORK, you might wanna get Unearth's Stings of Conscience. I think they truly play from the heart, unlike killswitch.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
but those comments stand because if there was enough DT audience on the states, DT wouldnt be touring as a fucking opening act with other 3 bands, 2 of them wich are clearly inferior ( inflames and Killswitch Engage ) to them.

in my opinion this is almost undeniable. i don't know why would anyone assume there's other reasons behind it. :confused:

rahvin.

oh lighten up, Francis. if you really think they're going to come here and have the red carpet rolled out for them on a first tour you're dreaming. get real.

they were great though and i hope they continue to make inroads here. :D

Originally posted by Misanthrope
So how does not enough people for a DT tour and not enough people for a better DT tour exclude each other? Listen im more than fucking glad that you are willing to prove the entire fucking forum what a pathetic looser you are because you actually looked for the threads, but those comments stand because if there was enough DT audience on the states, DT wouldnt be touring as a fucking opening act with other 3 bands, 2 of them wich are clearly inferior ( inflames and Killswitch Engage ) to them.

But guess what? they are more popular for the average american idiot who goes to the gig, the mindless idiot that just wants catchy riffs.

That works for a small time and/or new band but DT aint new nor small. They have been around for over 10 years and are very very popular in the rest of the world ( outside of the states apparently ). The first time DT came to Mexico they were headlining and got adecent chance of playing, and im shure the same thing happened on a lot of other countries so it is not "impossible" it quite factible. If there isnt enough DT audience in the states then that's another thing

At the Cleveland show I think there were like 6 people into Killswitch and the rest were there for DT or IF. Sentenced also has a nice following and it was their first trip to the states as well. I thought they were very good although I like their older work much better.

I wish I would stop having to be exposed to Hardcore acts when going to shows.

DT had a ton of fans at the Springfield show..

Sentenced on the other hand... the crowd was pretty much standing still during their set.. :lol:

as for the subject at hand, I think KSE is pretty cool. Some of their fans need an asswhooping though. All that karate punk shit needs to go.

meh. should have responded to this before....

Misanthrope: all i'm saying is that in the ezboard threads you made it seem like there was no reason for DT to come here if they weren't going to sellout venues in every city (on a first tour?). what i was trying to convey was that that idea seemed unrealistic. i think it takes some hard touring work sometimes to become established.

i hope that helps to clarify.

some of you people are a fucking joke, misanthrope, do you honestly think that DT got the slot they did on the tour because its in america? get fucking real man, the headliners ARE NOT american, by your logic IF would have been opening as well. secondly, youre from Mexico. that said, i think you have no right to insult the average intellect of americans. mexico in most places is a fucking dump as well as an educational wasteland. also, your claim that DT is popular everywhere in the world is a crock of fucking bullshit, the largest nation in the world is China, and i can guarantee you that almost no one in China gives a fuck about DT or metal in general, and that goes for most asian nations excluding japan, and the middle eastern nations as well, most of the world my ass. also, before you insult american intellect, get your grammar in good working order you haughty fuck.

killswitch isnt that great, but they certainly arent BAD, i like them myself, but i think DT is better in general. thats my two cents

oh yeah...a lot of you people are saying "KSE sucks dick and theyre just hardcore faggots"...this to me seems sort of silly, i'd expect a bit more coming from DT fans, perhaps some elaboration as to why you have said opinion?

Cause most true metal fans tend to either be a)closed-minded and b)tend to be OVER opinionated

I am pretty sure DT fans are just the same. I don't really call KsE a hardcore band, maybe metalcore(metal without leads, with a more heavier influence to hardcore than, say, thrash metal), but not hardcore. Those of you who heard the album know that they do have melodies in their music(maybe not well live, but, I never seen them live, so I can't judge).

Also, I do like Sentenced, but the new In Flames is pure shit!

First of all. As someone mentioned already, the reason that Killswitch went after DT is because they sold about 10x as much records as Dark Tranquillity in USA. That's how tours are arranged whoever sells more goes later. Second, it is their first visit to US, they need to gain a following, so the promoters want people who came for Killswitch to also be exposed to DT. That is also why Killswitch was on the bill, to expose different people to different music.

I talked about this subject a lot in the In Flames forum, and this thread is fucking annoying. I LOVE Dark Tranquillity, and when I saw them live they were opening for Sentenced. I mean, I think that they are an amazing band with excellent song writing ability, and DEFINITELY should have opened for Sentenced, who were being a bunch of asshole Finnish fucks at the show. Dark Tranquillity are clearly more talented than Killswitch Engage, but I dont care what any of you say, they DEFINITELY put more aggression into their songs than Dark Tranquillity and filled any blank spots in the room that may have existed, as Dark Tranquillity's sound was kind of hollow as my memory recalls. I mean I love all the bands, but Sentenced was shit and Killswitch deserved their place on the bill. OOOO and for the ass who said that Killswitch is hypocritical for being on a comp with SLipknot, its not like they can choose who else is on their own label. There are tons and tons of Numetal bands on Road Runner, but they do a much better job for Killswitch than anyone else can for them.

Oh well, just want you to know that Ireally really like Dark Tranquillity and love their songs, but you shouldn't put down the other bands on the bill because you can't do better if you tried, and Killswitch sounds fucking tight whenever they play. O well, don't get pissed at me for this, In Flames is still my favorite band and I love their new album as well.

@berserker: it's not a matter of believing dt got they slot they got because the tour was in the states: since they're headlining wherever they go bar america, it seems pretty evident the reason is geographical. no logic mentioning an american headliner was brought up: what was suggested is dt do not have enough supporters in the states to guarantee a tour to themselves. of course they don't have a fanbase in china, and if you think real real hard you might understand this is why they never went there.
aside from that, if you want to go on on the lines of "my country beats the crap out of your country" you're welcome to entertain us, but this sure implies you have no right to insult the average intellect of anybody else.
and the reason offered for killswitch suckness - that i can't confirm nor disprove since i've never heard the band - were slightly more elaborate than the example you provided, and slightly more elaborate than your grammar-perfect dissing of mexico.

@angry_jakes: funny how you say most metalheads are close-minded and opinionated, then you go:

Also, I do like Sentenced, but the new In Flames is pure shit!

thank you for your vibrant and passionate argumentation. i suspect you're a true metal fan now. ;)

@the fall of babylon: let me get this straight: this thread is fucking annoying because you can't stand ppl saying a band you like is shit. and you don't care what any of us said. that's very... articulate, isn't it?

rahvin.

I also like shit like Lynyrd Skynyrd and even Slipknot, so don't start saying that I am closed-minded, I try to keep a open mind, but, as long as there is a hook or some cool melody, since sometimes this is why I dislike bands like Cannibal Corspe, cause they are only brutal speed(though I do like brutal stuff, i am a bigger thrash than death fan). So, don't start on me about being closed minded, I mean Hell, I like Slipknot.