Does anybody know any good line 6 pod presets?

RichMinerva

New Metal Member
Jul 27, 2009
i'm currently using the line 6 studio ux 2 solely for home recording purposes but i dont have the money for the metal pack right this minute so i was wondering wether or not somebody could help me out as im new to all this lark?

I use the PODxt but I don't use the internal cab modelling as I prefer to use an implulse response of a real cab.

I made my own preset. I just used a Screamer stompbox in front of the Treadplate amp model. Not too much gain on either, I prefer to add gain in stages rather than pile it on on the amp.

Presets will get you next to nowhere as amp settings change drastically depending on what guitar you're using. If you're shooting for a metal tone try the Spinal Puppet or Treadplate amp models with the Treadplate cab, 57 on axis. Use the Screamer for your stomp with the gain down and tone/level to 50%. Don't go crazy with the gain and tweak it in the context of a mix so see what sounds good.

oh and another thing.

i use cabinet imulses everynow and then. but as of yet i havnt found any really good impulses, im using the pod farm before LAConvolver which is what loads my cabinet impulses into my DAW

any more tips or really good impulses?