Does anybody remember the Italian band ZEN???

TwizstedJesus

Mar 1, 2004
This disc was fantastic and the vocals were heads above most Italian bands vocals. They were set to release another disc in the early 2000's but vanished without a trace. I often wondered if the disc ever saw the light of day. They are now known as http://www.myspace.com/karnyaband

Judging from the enormous amount of replies to this thread, I'd venture to say that nobody remembers this. If you check out the link above, check out the songs "Gaze Into The Light" and "Tales From The Deep". Everything else is new with a different singer and different vibe,not proggy at all

"Gaze into the Light" was a fine disc. It was lost in the shuffle a bit due to small distribution and the plethora of DT style prog metal that was coming out at the time.

This was a fantastic album!!! I was always bummed they never put anything else out. Amidst a crowd of Italian bands, these guys were at or near the top.

It was a good disc plagued by a strong accent noticeable even by a frenchie like me but nonetheless, the music was top notch at the time.

There were a few of these bands at the time like Lie Tears and Helreidh. Check these out.

Steve

np: Killing Touch - One of a kind (Best Vision Divine disc since Perfect Machine)

Yeah! I dig that cd... the keyboard player Dario actually sent me a demo called "Y2K" with a new singer a few years after the cd "Gaze Into The Light". It was very cool...but then they disappeared.

There were a few of these bands at the time like Lie Tears and Helreidh

Helreid released a great first album, then took YEARS before putting out a (IMHO) fairly lazy EP of an album, half of which was cover tracks. I always hoped to hear another full length original album from them, but alas..... Looks like it is not to be.

Speaking of accents, though, I was listening to "7 Deadly Songs" from Lord of Mushrooms last week, and that has to be the thickest (FRENCH, no less) accent I've ever heard, easily on par with Concerto Moon's singer..... Great disc, in spite of my not understanding a word of it....