Does anyone else enjoy being a hypocrite?

bleedingskeptic

boo hoo
Oct 13, 2001
everyone remember the good old days of religious debates? i do. this thread is not to reinstate that by the way. i just recall that those threads showed that a majority here had a general dislike of religion in general. now here's where the hypocrisy comes in: why then do so many of us swallow up music with obvious religious endorsements? i'm talking about bands like thyrfing, moonsorrow, einherjer, and such. i was thinking about how much of a hypocrite that made me and just decided to throw this idea out here. and obviously just because i realize i'm a hypocrite doesn't mean i'm going to change :) .

well it's a very good point
because norse was an organized religion believe it or not and it had it's rites and traditions as well
I never liked those anti religion threads because if you are anti religion and go somewhere stating why religion is bad then you are the same as the people you are against you are just on the other side of the coin.

I don't listen to music for religious messages. I listen if it's good music. Are you saying that if you listen to music about murder, you're a hypocrite if you don't go murder someone?

Sometimes what appears to be a hypocrite is actually just a person who either doesnt care or doesnt know.

"The only good thing to ever come out of religion was the music." ~George Carlin

;)

YaYo said:
Sometimes what appears to be a hypocrite is actually just a person who either doesnt care or doesnt know.
:wave: Thyrfing is religious? Vansinnesvisor only has like one and a half songs in English, so I had no idea.

manuelgv said:
if you are anti religion and go somewhere stating why religion is bad then you are the same as the people you are against you are just on the other side of the coin.
Not true AT ALL, but...whatever.

why is that not true Lina?
people who try to convince other people are selling their truth as religion does.That's how I see it

By listening to a band, I am not endorsing religion. In comparison, by owning an SUV, I am not endorsing terrorism, or backing the people behind it. In essence, I don't feel any bit a hypocrite.

For the most part, I don't listen to lyrics. I'm in it four the sound of the music, and as I've said before, I generally consider vocals just another instrument. Thus, I wouldn't even know if some bands were religious. If I don't like the message once I get the CD - I'll give the CD away. Or if I know a band has a religious message to tell, I'd probably not buy it at all. It's just like I choose not to go to temple, or choose to turn the TV off on religion.

'NNY!! 'NNY!

ha ha, love the avatar dude.

WHERE IS THE BACTINE!!?!!?

er... some of this blood is actually mine

:lol: