Anyone else?

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
Does anyone else only keep visiting Ultimate Metal for this social area?

I basically never even look at the thread titles in the main Discussion area - even when there wasn't this social sub-forum, the only threads I really visited for were the GMD Social and sometimes the other stickies.

I just don't find the bulk of the music discussion that goes on here interesting at all! Maybe I just don't particularly like talking about metal I'm usually not very into with strangers on the internet. Whereas in this area, I just lurk around wasting time on random topics. Much more fulfilling.

I used to post in all areas of the forum before Deron took a giant shit on this place. Now I basically visit it for the social forum, and occasionally post in the main place. I stopped taking this forum seriously a while ago. Now I just go the the Gauntlet when I want to talk about music and post on a quality forum.

But I love this place and will never leave :kickass:

pretty much the same for me, I don't even really see a point anymore in talking about what I listen to (not like it's gonna make a difference).

I will glance at the recommendations thread to find new bands however.

I actually think this forum is pretty good, for a metal forum. 95% of metal forums have barely anyone posting, certainly not as often as this one. I can really only think of a couple other good sites.

My primary focus is the music discussions and recommendations forum, but I always check this place when I'm done with the other two. I don't read most of the threads in the social area.