OT: Anyone else heard of the Matchbox in Lyons?

Mar 5, 2009
For the Chicago area folks-

I got a flyer at the Amon Amarth show last night for a Swashbuckle meet and greet at a record store(?) called The Matchbox in Lyons - I never heard of this place before. Anyone else heard of it or been there before?

I swear, you yanks need to start making up your own placenames.

One roadtrip through America and we passed Belgrade, North Sidney, Chelsea, Manchester, Purgatory, Lisbon, Dover, Troy and Rotterdam

I swear, you yanks need to start making up your own placenames.

One roadtrip through America and we passed Belgrade, North Sidney, Chelsea, Manchester, Purgatory, Lisbon, Dover, Troy and Rotterdam

Keep in mind, a lot of the eastern part of our country "called New England" was named by the Brits before American took control of the land, and sent them on their way home. Most of the names in that area were kept as is.

Keep in mind, a lot of the eastern part of our country "called New England" was named by the Brits before American took control of the land, and sent them on their way home. Most of the names in that area were kept as is.

Yeah, west of Chicago is Norway Il. Early settlers came from Norway and named it after the homeland, as it reminded them of home. Many locations around Chicago have Native American names. Chicago and Illinois are both Native names. Wuakeegan, Algonquin, Sauk Village, etc. Go Blackhawks.

Why the hell would anyone want to meet Swashbuckle?

to throw them into a turnbuckle

George_Steele_-_James_Myers_11.jpg