Albums of 2011

great_kthulu

Greater Evil
Apr 27, 2009
well, 2010 was a pretty good year, but 2011 is shaping up to be a monster of a year for metal! New albums from Woods of Ypres, Opeth, Amon Amarth, Cynic, Testament, The Red Chord.... and of coarse, the reason we are here NEW NOVEMBER'S DOOM!! Anyone else got something they are looking forward to this year? Also, anyone heard anything good from this year yet? Just heard a track of the new Sodom, it was ok, nothing spectacular.

Any thoughts?

Stratovarius (which I just downloaded this morning actually)
Novembers Doom
Trouble (hopefully!)
Pentagram
Jag Panzer
Manilla Road
The Gates of Slumber

Plus the US releases of the following:
Hour of 13
Electric Wizard
Grand Magus (Will this actually ever happen?)

Looking to be a good year in metal for me! ND, Amon Amarth, Opeth, Draconian, Saturnus, Vomitory, Daylight Dies, much more I can't think of now...

You know what I want to come out that's long overdue? A new BOLT THROWER album!! Hail of Bullets is great but I want some new god damn BT!

I really like this album that was just released but most of you have probably heard it, this new occult rock/metal band Ghost. Their new album is called 'Opus Eponymous".
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfEIfdI7J0k&feature=related[/ame]

I am so drunk on that GHOST album now it isn't funny!!!!
It's certainly not for everyone.
It's almost a mix of early Mercyful Fate (and I do stress early, as I feel there is a major difference between NUNS HAVE NO FUN and DON'T BREAK THE OATH, musically) and the vocal style of Blue Oyster Cult. What's not to like?

Sirenia, ajatarra, Evergrey, Sinergy, Iced Earth, Septic Fleshan Ex Deo are supposed to bring out new work, looking forward.

I believe Ulver is throwing a new album into the fray along with a new DVD. Not metal anymore, but excited for it nonetheless.

I am extremely skeptical about Iced Earth.
I hate to say it as I used to be a big fan.
They are the most environmental friendly band on the planet!
No one recycles (riffs) like they do! :)

I am extremely skeptical about Iced Earth.
I hate to say it as I used to be a big fan.
They are the most environmental friendly band on the planet!
No one recycles (riffs) like they do! :)

I honestly hear very little riff recycling in Iced Earth. Very few of their songs sound similar to my ears, which is why they are one of my all time favorite bands.

Does Jon have a signature style? Absolutely. But I've never understood all of the talk about him recycling riffs. Especially because his riffs kick ass. :)

Rycher, I love Iced Earth, but honestly your stand point makes me wonder if you magically forgot the majority of material on albums outside of Night of the stormrider, burnt offerings and horror show. :p

I know some of the ND guys are friends with Saturnus, is there any info on a new album this year? I've looked everywhere and all I've found is some blogs from 2010 saying they are working on it...

Looking to be a good year in metal for me! ND, Amon Amarth, Opeth, Draconian, Saturnus, Vomitory, Daylight Dies, much more I can't think of now...

Hell yeah

Missing on that list for me are Decapitated, Septic Flesh, The Project Hate, Dethalbum III?, Vital Remains, and Nile