Yer Best Albums of 2011

They are a band I want to like despite the hipster bullshit and hype, since I find their conceptual approach interesting, and I feel like they have talent, but fuck if they aren't just so wanky.

Wow, that actually made every other "top" list look respectable. Fucking Black Veil Brides? REALLY?

Cannot escape that band. A non-metal listening coworker started talking about them to me like it was some statement on how intense his musical tastes are and I flat out laughed in his face

Outside of this forum, I've never heard of that band. Makes me question the circles in which you lads keep. :p

If anyone wants to check out Ash Borer since this year's release is vinyl only, you may procure it here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YBT7I3CG

I am just getting around to listening to this pull ... fuck ... the production on this is so fucking awesome and bass heavy. vinyl rip you say?

and those of you still not paying any mind to this band (probably because I am and that's an automatic "it must suck") ... WATCH!

Ellestin, I see you have the new Drudkh in your sig. Does that mean you've heard it? If so, how is it?

Hello compadres. Just a quick stop in between looking for a job and maybe watching Dexter.

I didn't get much from this year, but these made my weeny feel funny:

40 Watt Sun - Inside Room (AOTY)
Amorphis - Beginning of Times
Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events
Manilla Road - Playground of the Damned

i used to be way more "with it" on new stuff. nowadays, i couldn't tell you what the cool, hip, retro or whatever bands are. i pretty much buy albums by established acts. maybe im becoming lurch...???

that being said, i'm falling in love with Voivod

maybe im becoming lurch...???

that being said, i'm falling in love with Voivod

WHAT?

and i done a twist on you, I am into newer stuff now. i blame it on the 40 y/o midlife crisis

i have a few...

burzum - fallen
sólstafir - svartir sandar
the atlas moth - an ache for the distance
altar of plagues - mammal (this is not actually a good ALBUM because it dips a lot in the middle, but the first SONG is the best thing i've heard in ages so that alone makes it qualify)
morne - asylum (vocals are bad but i will have to deal, since the music is pretty freaking great)
loss - despond