Landmark albums that every self-respecting fan of metal should own

2rhw9d0.jpg

Fantastic late-80's thrash band from Wisconsin, I believe. Brutal as FUCK. I'm also pretty sure that they used to open for Death, early on. The original is SUPER hard to find, and if you do will pay through your nose, but their is a re-release whic I have that has their demo on it as well which is more easy to locate. I'll upload "Lock Up Your Children."

Lock Up Your Children

PS - Did you check out "Set In Stone" track from Killingsworth that I uploaded for you!?! You asked and I delievered, with no input! :loco:

yes YES YES this is good. Brutal and violent as only (and I say ONLY) Darkness Descends before it and none after, though Pleasure to Kill comes close. So fucking good, get it if you can. Probably the one album I've paid most dineros for ever, too.. 25€ unless my memory sucks.

The "bonus" on the (bootleg) re-release (Destruction System) isn't really a demo though, it's a raw version of their second LP which was unfortunately never released. It's really good too, though. A bit more on the death metal end of the spectrum and not quite as good, but worth having.

I tried to list things that haven't already been mentioned, but i'm sure i'm missing quite a few. Anyway, my partial list:

In the Woods... - HEart of the Ages; Omnio
Cathedral - Soul Sacrifice; The Ethereal Mirror
Trouble - Trouble (1990)
Danzig - I - IV
Obituary - Cause of Death
Amorphis - Tales from the Thousand Lakes; Elegy
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale
Armored Saint - Raising Fear
Sentenced - Amok
Wrath - Nothing to Fear (yea, crap vocals but he at least does have a sense of timing and the music is stellar)
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day; Discouraged Ones
Pentagram - Be Forewarned
Life of Agony - River Runs Red

Not sure if these bands got a mention, but do any qualify for having released a milestone in metal?

Opeth
In Flames
Amon Amarth
Dark Tranquility
Dissection

If so, which album per?