12. Plastikman – Arkives
13. The Beach Boys – Smile
14. Cabaret Voltaire – Johnny Yesno Redux
15. Keith Berry – The Ear That Was Sold to a Fish
16. Michael Chapman – Fully Qualified Survivor
17. Vesa Matti-Loiri – 4+20
18. Hawkwind – Choose Your Masques

http://starsdie.com/wp/tag/necro-deathmort/

What I don't get is why the fuck would you include REISSUES on your ALBUMS OF THE YEAR -list? I'm a fan of Wilson's, but that's just plain dumb. On a separate list? Cool, sure, if you want to. Blended together with actual 2011 releases? Stupid.

E: Subsignal album sounds like run of the mill prog to me.

E: Subsignal album sounds like run of the mill prog to me.
Listen to "Walking with Ghosts" off of their first album - that's my favorite song by them, gives me chills. If you don't like that then they're probably not for you.

Whenever I post a song from this album, I choose a random track; that's how great the entire thing is. Acquired Taste is no better than the others. Enjoy!

Thanks, Gentleman!

I have to say now that "Bilateral" has been played more than few times on my PC, that it´s a very impressive and enjoyable album. I also have to say that I like better the last half of the CD (Tracks 5-10), and that I´m still thinking "Aquired Taste" is a gem and the best song of the album :Spin:.

If I were used to this "Album of the Year" thing, I´ll say "Bilateral" and Haken´s "Visions" made my 2011.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxdXmfKySHI&feature=related[/ame]

More 2011 pop metal

Top 5 prog:
Arch/Matheos - Sympathetic Resonance
Redemption - This Mortal Coil
For All We Know - For All We Know
Fair To Midland - Arrows and Anchors
3 - The Ghost You Gave To Me

Top 5 other:
The Weeknd - House of Balloons
Kate Bush - 50 Words For Snow
Elysian Fields - Last Night On Earth
The Roots - undun
Evanescence - Evanescence

It's a shame so many of the prog bands I'm a fan of only released good but not great albums (Symphony X, Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Dream Theater). Oh well. Fates Warning and Psychotic Waltz will make things better this year.

Top 5 prog:

Top 5 other:
The Roots - undun

It's a shame so many of the prog bands I'm a fan of only released good but not great albums (Symphony X, Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Dream Theater). Oh well. Fates Warning and Psychotic Waltz will make things better this year.

Cannot tell you how excited I am for Fates and PW.

Yeah, Zonder will always be one of my favorite drummers and I always prefer when a band sticks with their original (he's not "original" but he's been the drummer for the longest time) members. But you know what? Jarzombek did a hell of a job on Sympathetic Resonance. If the new Fates goes in a similar heavier, more metal direction, he might actually be a better fit. Plus, Frank Aresti is back! Come on. Really interested to find out what the new album is going to sound like though. I would expect it to follow Sympathetic Resonance's lead with the no keyboards etc. since now there's OSI to fill that more electronic side of things, but Matheos never really repeats himself so who knows.

And yeah. Psychotic Waltz. Still can't believe it's actually happening. Can't wait.

Top 5 prog:

Top 5 other:
The Roots - undun

Glad to see that I am not the only one here who listens to Fair to Midland.

Yeah, Zonder will always be one of my favorite drummers and I always prefer when a band sticks with their original (he's not "original" but he's been the drummer for the longest time) members. But you know what? Jarzombek did a hell of a job on Sympathetic Resonance. If the new Fates goes in a similar heavier, more metal direction, he might actually be a better fit. Plus, Frank Aresti is back! Come on. Really interested to find out what the new album is going to sound like though. I would expect it to follow Sympathetic Resonance's lead with the no keyboards etc. since now there's OSI to fill that more electronic side of things, but Matheos never really repeats himself so who knows.

And yeah. Psychotic Waltz. Still can't believe it's actually happening. Can't wait.

Joey Vera and Bobby Jarzombek on Sympathetic Resonance...oh man, like a wheat thresher.

I was under the impression that Arch/Matheos was going to be a vehicle for the more metallic side of the band's writing, while Fates was going to stay more eclectic? Now that I think about it, though, I was just assuming that without any evidence. Either way, that's how I'd prefer it to stay. Not that I don't love the heavy stuff too.