Yer Best Albums of 2011

i have a few...

burzum - fallen
sólstafir - svartir sandar
the atlas moth - an ache for the distance
altar of plagues - mammal (this is not actually a good ALBUM because it dips a lot in the middle, but the first SONG is the best thing i've heard in ages so that alone makes it qualify)
morne - asylum (vocals are bad but i will have to deal, since the music is pretty freaking great)
loss - despond
i remember 2011 because it was the last year i really, really tried with metal

i downloaded and listened to a bunch of albums trying to find something to move me, and it just really didn't work out, as the meagre list quot'd above proves

burzum stands the test of time but is miles below his first four of course
sólstafir is zzzzz and their first bad album
the atlas moth has one good song and a really shitty mix
altar of plagues has one good song that actually really gets Real and transcendent for a bit in the middle. rest of the album is ehhhhh
morne i don't even remember, it was like death-doom but with annoying hc vocals. this is me REALLY TRYING to pad out a list.
loss - despond. i'm sure i've heard this but i remember zero things about it. generic death-doom probably? jeez.

so after 2011, i just accepted that everything sucks so don't bother

btw if altar of plagues was in the tournament at this point i would probably nominate "teethed glory and injury" because it really tried to do something new and it's admirable for that at least. i hated it when it came out because i was dumb and narrow minded, and it's not the best album ever, but the way "god alone" ends is some real shit