does anyone here do martial arts or

Cythraul

Dec 10, 2003
have you ever done martial arts, or are you considering it? This is kind of a random question but I'm just curious. I want to start taking some classes in either muay thai or some form of kung fu because I need some exercise and I want to learn how to be a real asskicker. Plus I think being able to do martial arts is kind of metal.

I only watch MMA...UFC is alright but its a shame they own Pride now :mad: & I dislike all of those xyience fighters like Matt Hughes, Liddell, Franklin - they're all overrated and overhyped. Dana White is basically turning MMA into pro wrestling with al the drama and theatrics.

I'm interested in learning capoeira. a guy I ran track with did it, and he'd show us it every now and then...it always looked cool

Nope, never had a class. I find it easier o just choke and rip out chunks of flesh from people like a wild animal.

Teeth to throat (or) thumb inside eyes = the win (and prison :()

I took Muai Thai for a bit, it was pretty awesome. Id go with that because its actually practical. But if you want to look cool, I definately vote capoeira(sp?).

I took Kenpo; Shotokan and Tae Kwan Do. I don't do them anymore. The Shotokan was the best as the teacher was really intense. He had his own private dojo on his property and we would have to walk barefoot on the freezing hardwood floor of it while we counted out our excercises in Japanese.

so, It still makes you a badass. teaches you everything

I don't care. It's fucking trendy shit. Every fucking guy I know that gets into martial arts these days gets into mma because they think they're going to be the ultimate fighting champion. That's just not kvlt enough for me.

I learned some odd karate for like a year when I was seven and said "Fuck this I'm going to dawdle around with my hands in my pockets."

I was a brown belt 1st class in Kenpo, blue in Judo since we went with the euro style. There weren't belt ranks in Iaido.

I do a freestyle martial art called Bukido Kai. It's very intense fitness wise. Lots of running around, bag work, push ups, all sorts of exercises designed to cause much pain physically. As not fun as that sounds I love it. This year I'll be doing a grading that goes for 4 days (did the same thing last year as well). Camping out, 3-4 hours sleep every night, train hard all day/night long. It's not unlike a booty camp... only worse. There's a particular massive fucking tire and it's friend massive chain who likes me lugging it around the place (it's especially fun through sand and deep water).

And the self defence stuff is actually practical. No silly complicated fancy shit.