OT: David Carradine passes away at 72

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
BBC News - Kung Fu star Carradine found dead

:cry:

Meant to post something on this earlier but I was running out the door when I found out. We dedicated a song to him tonight in our set. He was a childhood hero and influenced me into taking Martial Arts, and briefly, the flute. His two most famous roles were Bill from Kill Bill and Kwai Chang Caine from Kung Fu (and The Legend Continues) though he starred in over 100 films and TV shows.

Got to meet him in Toronto some 15 years ago when he was shooting The Legend Continues. Super cool nice guy. Really a shocker how he died: suicide. Very odd considering what a gentle soul he always seemed to be.

BBC News - Kung Fu star Carradine found dead

:cry:

Meant to post something on this earlier but I was running out the door when I found out. We dedicated a song to him tonight in our set. He was a childhood hero and influenced me into taking Martial Arts, and briefly, the flute. His two most famous roles were Bill from Kill Bill and Kwai Chang Caine from Kung Fu (and The Legend Continues) though he starred in over 100 films and TV shows.

Got to meet him in Toronto some 15 years ago when he was shooting The Legend Continues. Super cool nice guy. Really a shocker how he died: suicide. Very odd considering what a gentle soul he always seemed to be.

What martial arts have you done? :)

Sad news. Maybe he was doing that asphyxiation thing and trying to get his rocks off but it went wrong. Who knows what his reasons were, it really doesnt matter in the end... RIP.

Yeah I read the news yesterday also was a shock to me specially since I was enjoying "Kill Bill 2" some days ago. "Kung Fu" was a favorite of mine in my childhood. Also he played Frankenstein in the original "Death Race 2000" (opposing a young Sylvester Stallone) plus movies like "Cannonball" and "Lone Wolf McQuade" (anyone remember those?), he was always cool in his characters performance.

Saw this yesterday, the irony of him hanging himself is that he was filming a movie called "Stretch"....

Kung Fu, Karate and Tae Kwon Do.

Wished I'd stayed with it, by now I've long since forgotten most of it, but still do a couple of the routines and kicks and stuff when I work out.

Sounds interesting. I have done Wado Ryu Karate and some Jiu Jutsu. Fought loads of matches and had great fun doing it. :)

I also wish I stayed with it. A well, back to playing metal again!

----------------
Now playing: Amorphis - Godlike Machine - 3:44 / 5:18 via FoxyTunes

Kung Fu, Karate and Tae Kwon Do.

Wished I'd stayed with it, by now I've long since forgotten most of it, but still do a couple of the routines and kicks and stuff when I work out.

Damn that means I cannot get into a fight with you over Queensryche at PPX :lol:

I wish I had stayed with Karate, I guess it would have improved my development as a teenager and as a person lately because of the discipline :erk:

I definitely don't believe he killed himself, I smell foul play. I don't know what happened but I refuse to believe he killed himself. I also don't buy the asphixiation story either.

Your disbelief is called "denial." I didn't believe that John Wayne wore women's panties until I have read and heard in interviews (that people have done) that he did... I think it's shocking to think that a movie hero would off himself accidently while getting himself off in some bizzare manner....

Your disbelief is called "denial." I didn't believe that John Wayne wore women's panties until I have read and heard in interviews (that people have done) that he did... I think it's shocking to think that a movie hero would off himself accidently while getting himself off in some bizzare manner....:kickass:

I'm skeptical that it was him, but anything's possible. It certainly didn't seem like him but who knows what's going on in people's minds - maybe he was bipolar or something.

Always lit up a room when he was on camera tho.

I'm skeptical that it was him, but anything's possible. It certainly didn't seem like him but who knows what's going on in people's minds - maybe he was bipolar or something.

Always lit up a room when he was on camera tho.

Usually people's bipolar peaks in their mid-20's to 30's.
It is rather odd that for a guy who practiced the martial arts and that was spiritually in touch that he'd take his life. That would be lack of discipline. So the accidental thing or worse foul play makes sense....I know I have read reports that he was strapped financially and that could have pushed over the edge of something...

Your disbelief is called "denial." I didn't believe that John Wayne wore women's panties until I have read and heard in interviews (that people have done) that he did... I think it's shocking to think that a movie hero would off himself accidently while getting himself off in some bizzare manner....

And Rock Hudson was gay and died of AIDS, tell that to Doris Day. Yes the awful truth can be really shocking to some.

A fact is that unless some police discovery actually find evidence of foul play on Carradine's case this will go as kind of mystery between suicide (unlikely according to some) and a sex game went wrong (to each its own), Hollywood loves to hide their dirty laundry and the skeletons in the closet as much as they love scandal and controversy.
And THE fact is that either way he is dead and nothing can bring people from the other side. So let's remember him for what he did on screen and mourn his passing with respect.

Well, they've said now there was no sign of anyone else being in the room. Face it, this freak was doing this his whole life and he finally slipped off the chair like the loser in INXS. His ex-wife said he was a freak in their divorce hearings.

I don't ever remember trying to stop my own fucking breathing. I'm with Sixx. It's apparently been going on for 1000 years, but who thinks of this shit?!? There is such little room for error!!