Does anyone here use Tonos?

Caroline

METALBABE!
Apr 18, 2001
It's a collboration scheme with free 8 track recording software - I was wondering if anyone here is a memeber?

I am, my user name is caroline_rules

I have,...... nice people but a rip off..

They offer software that you can get better versions of for free, and charge you for the service. It really is just a place where people get together to create music, meet musicians. etc. EXACTLY what we were doing with the VMP, but they charge you a fee to participate.

I just went to their website and it says:
1 year collaboratory access only $29.95 for that you get
40 MB of disc space. I don't know what you can really accomplish with 40MB, maybe their software records in a format other than wav? Now If I could find something that offered 3GB of space for that amount of money then I might think about it!:)

LOL...Yeah...I've got a couple of tunes posted there, although I only use it as a front for my real project: www.emeraldvisions.com to find the good musicians amongst the wannabes there (and there are a lot of wannabes there).

Anyways...I like some of their setup, but it lacks quite a lot. We (VMP = Virtual Metal Projects = EV project, Lycanthrope, IMG, FNP), have recruited some of the better musicians from there into the metal scene. You can still use their program in our projects...It does export as wav files, but their uploading software modifies the tune too much if you want my opinion (Real Audio filters).

If you want to see my project (LOL) there...look at the Nocturnal Ones metal project. I wouldn't pay for their software btw...it doesn't even support my Midiman 20bit 4-channel full-duplex soundcard (which is where I plug my bass preamp in). I prefer to use Samplitude 5.9 as the recording interface.

If your into the online collaboration thing...Rock with us here at IMG, EmeraldVisions.com, and the Lycanthrope project.... We all are playing some kick ass tunes......and you don't have to use their crappy T-Mail to communicate with each other.

Randy aka MetalBach on the EV Project
also...many of us communicate via AIM... QantmRckr is my nick there... Chat with us in the Virtual Metal Projects AIM chatroom...or on IRC Undernet in the #Virtual_Metal_Projects channel.

what software do you guys use here?

I'm a bit short on cash so anything free is good :) I've got a bog standard soundblaster pro soundcard - I've never done digital recording before, and want to have a bit more flexiblity than my 4-track tape machine gives me.

Caroline!!! How are ya?!?!? :) :) Remember me from the Iron Maiden BB?

A couple use N-track studio, but some use software like Cool Edit/Cakewalk etc.

If you want, I can point you in the right direction to get trial versions of these that *Ahem!* never *Ahem!* expire *Ahem!* Nudge, Nudge wink wink! ;) ;)

I use a free program called GoatStudio. It's quite good, IMO. Works well with older computers, but is DOS based so it requires a little bit of experience from the darkages. ;)

Originally posted by Virus
Caroline!!! How are ya?!?!? :) :) Remember me from the Iron Maiden BB?

A couple use N-track studio, but some use software like Cool Edit/Cakewalk etc.

If you want, I can point you in the right direction to get trial versions of these that *Ahem!* never *Ahem!* expire *Ahem!* Nudge, Nudge wink wink! ;) ;)

HI Virus - long time no speak!

It'd be cool if you could point me in the direction of some of this software ;) Send me a PM if you don't want to post the link on here :)

Originally posted by Eddy
I use a free program called GoatStudio. It's quite good, IMO. Works well with older computers, but is DOS based so it requires a little bit of experience from the darkages. ;)

My old computer is a Dos machine, and I actually like tinkering around with it. Will GoatStudio run on a 486dx2? If so, where can I get it?

A bit older version should run on it, I have it but the site ( http://www.student.oulu.fi/~loorni/ ) has only a windows version up...
Hmm, my memory seems to be worse than I thought :lol: I forgot there was Windows version available. Though it's the same as the DOS version but runs only on windows console.

I can put it up somewhere if you want to check it out. :)