Does anyone know how to play Dee?

Mr. Hyde

Guitar, Bass
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
I've never been able to figure it out properly. I've always wanted to learn it. I know a little bit of it.
Do any of you know how to play it and do you have any good tab for it?

Originally posted by rabies
I know it. Randy Rhoads acoustic number? One of the few things on acoustic I play all the time. What part are you having problems with?

Well I've figured parts of it out several times over the years and forgotten them several times but I don't think I've ever figured it out exactly. I don't remember how to play the part right after the descending hammer on pull off part around 28 secs. in. until the end.
Did you have tab for it?

Ew.

Every last one of them are wrong. They give you a decent idea though. There are correct parts in each one.

I think I learned to play it from one of the guitar mags. I'd have to dig it up. If you get confused by the tabs EC gave you, give me a holler. Those tabs are a good place to start. Most of the notes are right..they are just fretting it in bad places. For example, the very first notes are 7th fret on the E sting and the open G string..not this bizzare 10th and 12th fret crap.

Thanks for the link EC. Rabies Ew...Exactly what I thought. (A kinder comment put in after I realized my previous comment was a little hard on the people who did those tabs. Who am I to complain about them when they took the time and effort necessary to share their interpretation. Shame on me!)
I'd like to hear a recording of you playing it Rabies. The IMG could use an acoustic number I think.

My acoustic broke on me a month ago. Similar to the microphone, I cannot convice my wife that I need to buy one....even though I learned to play Buffet and Grateful dead songs just for her!

..the best I could do would be a clean electric recording. Once I am done finishing up all the stuff on my plate now, I'll give it a go.

Originally posted by rabies
My acoustic broke on me a month ago. Similar to the microphone, I cannot convice my wife that I need to buy one....even though I learned to play Buffet and Grateful dead songs just for her!

..the best I could do would be a clean electric recording. Once I am done finishing up all the stuff on my plate now, I'll give it a go.

I just got a new acoustic. It's a Carvin C350. So far I really like it.
I've got to get used to playing it though. It has those Elixir strings with the coating on them. The tone is really good. I'm not sure how much of the tone is related to those strings because I've never used them before.
I just got the guitar on Monday so I'm just beginning to get used to it. I think I'll put some 10 guage electric strings on it though because I like to be able to bend notes easily.

I'd still like to hear you play Dee even if it is on electric.

There are a couple parts on that song I have seen transcribed a dozen ways. I'd like to see what your tab shows. I'll shoot you an email shortly.