Something that pisses me off in the tab of 'Pharaoh'

Oct 7, 2002
Visit site
I'm talking about the introduction. It says: "I figured if you're listening to Symphony X, you probably already know
your notation. I also figured if you're having to look at tabs, you
probably shouldn't be concerning yourself with MJR solos."

It's the last part that gets on my nerves every time I look at the tab; if you don't want to transcribe the solo(s) (or you can't figure it/them out), just leave them out I'd say, but don't tell me what I should and shouldn't be concerning myself with. The philosophy of the author seems to be that if you don't know how to play something, you shouldn't even attempt to learn it and improve your skills. I wonder how anyone can learn how to play the guitar properly with that attitude. In fact I wonder how anyone could ever learn anything with that kind of thinking. If something is hard to do or you actually need help with something, does it mean you "shouldn't be concerning yourself" with it? :rolleyes:

Sorry, just wanted to get this off my chest. That said, is there any tab out there where Pharaoh's solos ARE transcribed?

my thoughts exactly!! Well whoever tabbed that out shouldn't be concerning himself with learning that solo either because he can't play it! MJR uses tabs in the solo's he's submitted to the site... Like on In the dragons den, and the edge of forever.

eheh, how absurd!

someone should explain to this guy that ear and technical skill in guitar playing are two different things.
there someone who can easily figure out how to tab a song but he can't play it..and others who haven't a good ear but can easily play the most difficult things with the help of a tab.

Hmm...that also pissed me off...funny I was thinking about that a long time ago but didn't bother posting about it....ah well kind of ironic.