Something that pisses me off majorly....

Yes, I've noted that aswell, its just that me and her are the only ones that dress that way really in our group. She has become part of the goth community (of Cambridge) now but only after the image change (whereas I didn't bother cos they are mostly elitist fucks)

Seeing she's 18 in 2 months, I doubt very much she will grow out of it that quickly. Yub, I think she is insecure, but she acts confidently all the time as well... so she hides it well.

It's easy to stereotype and to reach conclusions about someone simply based on appearance. We're obviously very visual creatures. The first thing you notice about someone you meet is their looks. If someone came up to you on the street covered in tatoos, wearing a leather jacket, and with a chain around his neck, you wouldn't expect them to be a lover of classical music would you? But why not? The guy might love giving Stravinsky or a bit of Bach a spin on his stereo. You can never tell.

well what i think is band who make good music look cooler than band who just try dress cool, i think that's natural

Originally posted by HellSpawn
well I got a brother that listen to much the same music as me... but he dont dress as a metal-head at all... just as he feels like(wich is good) but anyways, when he was talking to a complete black/death metal-head here, he slipped by that he had planed to see Mayhem on Roskilde. and the other guy did not think he would like, just cuz he does not vear complete black and such...

That is just plain dumb... 'cuz the thing is that my brother have listend to Mayhem alot... :)

but then again I gotta admit I kinda do the same sometimes, when I dont know the person anyways...

i don't dress much like a metalhead either. i like to wear black clothes, but no skull or anal stuff on it. and my paren't won't let me buy dark clothes, make me buy bright clothes. which is dangerus becuz it attract people i don;t want to attract.

Another things that pisses me off (rant #2 hehe) Is how she pretends she's had a shitty life. It isn't true her parents are together, some of the nicest people I know, esoecially to their kids, yet still whenever she gets thte chance she drops in unsubtle and obvious "my life has been so hard" remarks. So yes, many "goths" or whatever have ahd aharder lives, but does this mean to be one you have to have had a shit life? No. I've seen her many times complaining about how bad her life is to peope who I know full well are enduring worse problems, yet they stop and listen to her complain, and provide a shoulder to cry wolf on, and they themselves never complain about it. That pisses me off slightly (incase u hadn't guessed)

Originally posted by TravestyOfMan

Ah yes, this is true. :)
It's like a dungeon in there hey, great shop. Just wish I lived closer to the city so I could go there more often. And yeah, the train thing is cool.

I live in Melbourne but I don't think I'm familiar with the shop. The only really cool metal store I know is the Modern Invasion one in Flinders Lane. Am I missing out on something major here??

Please let me know because I've often lamented the inacessability of metal in this city.

I think that it is all part of being young and she will eventually find a middle ground she is comfortable with....i think i did around 18 or 19 so fear not, she may be near....but of course we all change.
Jay

Originally posted by requiem

I live in Melbourne but I don't think I'm familiar with the shop. The only really cool metal store I know is the Modern Invasion one in Flinders Lane. Am I missing out on something major here??

Please let me know because I've often lamented the inacessability of metal in this city.

If you want to check it out for yourself it's at Vault 5, 371 Flinders Street. I've never heard of Modern Invasion either, maybe that's better, I don't know. Metal Mayhem is relatively small (but then again the entire shop is metal) but I thought they had a good selection.