Something that pisses me off

the complacency that comes with living in a middle-class, comfortable, safe environment just isn't cool -- everyone needs to have a cause. no one wants to admit that their lives were easy because that would mean they haven't earned anything.

i remember this series called "american high" on pbs -- a documentary "real world" type of show that followed these white kids around their rich suburb of chicago. and these dumb shits just bitched on and on about their acne and their intrusive (i.e. responsible) parents, etc. that didn't make me nearly as sick as the fact that it was actually being aired and given credence as if those spoiled brats had any legitimate problems.

the complacency that comes with living in a middle-class, comfortable, safe environment just isn't cool -- everyone needs to have a cause. no one wants to admit that their lives were easy because that would mean they haven't earned anything.

That's bullshit.

Sorry, but that was totally crap.

...So: Because i grew up in a middle class household, my life has no purpose, and i haven't earned the things that i have?

umm...yeah basically. have you ever known hunger? has your life ever been in danger? i'm guessing not. it doesn't mean you aren't a great person -- but it does mean that your whining would be trivial in the grand scheme of things. and for some reason, people are just too self-centered to believe that.

edit: obviously, i'm middle class too.

i know whats cool.....

::breaths heavily into the microphone:: (starts nu metal lyrics..)
all this pain..... that i feel... deep inside..... building up.
and as that happens the music gets louder and louder until it breaks out into a huge jumping part of the song where everyone has to "jump the fuck up" as he screams about the torment that he felt. FUCK THAT. it reminds of that stupid auron lewis fuck from staind. bitches about how no one would play with him when he was nine. FUCK AURON LEWIS AND EVERYONE THAT LOOKS LIKE AURON LEWIS. he needs to jerk off more. i once watched some stupid staind concert on mtv. why? because im a fuckin moron. then they played that song "outside" which requires the guitar talent of a 2 year old. everybody in the audience was all into it. a couple of fat chicks were actually CRYING and singing along to it. now that quite possibly might have been the most saddest thing i have ever seen. i busted out laughing because of those dumb fucks. Wah! he feels my pain too. somebody else feels the pain that i feel inside. FUCK YOU! i dont know why its cool to have had your neighbor fuck you in the ass when you were little and i never will know either.

Hmmmmmm.......I wonder if this thread is intellectual enough for Morningrise?

cmon jayde. dont be a smartass.

Passing Bird (Katatonia-Last Fair Deal Gone Down)

she's got black hair
and she's got a black dress
she's pretending
that her life is a mess
but i cannot rest
with so many worries
i can't lie down
and say i am done

i live 'cause i need more light
i hope i can change today
she would never think of changing
too much fucking emo, it's false (i know)

she stops me in the street
and ask me to follow
i would if i could
if i wouldn't mind breaking her

I've never liked that song until fairly recently. I read an interesting Jonas Renkse interview. Here's an excerpt.

Q: Are you sort of making fun of goths at the beginning there? Especially the line "she's pretending that her life is a mess," that one really kind of stuck out to me as being accurate.

Jonas: Yeah. But it's not making fun of the whole lifestyle or something like that, it's more like, I tend to see a lot of people, or at least it seems to me, that they are faking things, they want to be like miserable, and making it into a trend or something, which is... I think it's very wrong. So it's just a statement of that. It's absolutely not pointing out a group of people, like the goth movement or something, because we're probably a part of it.

Q: It's sort of more an individual observation than a …

Jonas: Exactly.

I thought it was relevant.

Cheers.

...What is the deal with the 'goth' look anyway??

It's strange that they are 'being different', yet they are spending millions of dollars on -mainstream- makeup to make themselves look 'tortured'.

Fuck that for a joke.

I'm quite happy with my Nevermore shirt and jeans.