When you know Opeth is lost to us...

Gasp!? opeth cutting their hair!? It is very hard to picture Mikael in a ceaser cut or some type of mullet... I'm trying to grow my hair... If they cut thiers off at least send it to me! Tee hee, as for Blackwater Park it was a turning point for Opeth, but not for the worse I thought it was groovy Damnation and Deliverance was good and its nothing like St. Anger or some Metallica sellout shit hehe. I want to see what Opeth comes out with next... supposed to be influenced by blackmetal which is good, I love Dimmu Borgir, Cradle (some) and Satyricon. Cradle Of Filth used to be with Koch records/music for nations and they toured with Opeth once during they're 'dusk and her embrace' peroid, I would of loved to see that.... mmmmmm Morningrise mixed with dusk

estimate said:
Well, I gotta say that I still disagree. I mean, the first song Wreath is really a mindblower, it took me some time to get me too it, but now I can really feel the good vibration in the songs, when he sings at the end of the song, and he's voice is like really strange, I thinks thats an awesome part (yes, the part with the background vocal thingy). And the soloes are really good and emotional, IMHO.

Masters Apprentices is also a great and VERY emotional track in my oppinion, the middle part with that controlled feedback-solo thingy is really something, and the clean vocals and the lyrics are really enjoyable, including the fact that the last riff is a killer. The first 3/4 minutes are of course not .. emotional.

By The Pain I See In Others is a great song, but I can agree that it's not very like.. emotional. It's fun to play on drums at times, thought. :), but that has nothing to with this, so I leave it be.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I the only one who sees the comedic genius in this man's post?

:tickled:

Who knows? if they cut their hair the music might get even better. Right now they are lost in touring, mike said he had half of one song wrote for the new album which would contain heavy as well as soft stuff. I dont see their formula changing for anyone or for any of you Opinions are Opinions and Opeth is Opeth.

Mist said:
I agree that Opeth is loosing its uniqueness. It seems to me that they are trying to transform themselves in new kind of band, but I don't know any band that survived such process without commercialization. Sad, but true - nothing lasts forever...

They are becoming even more unique.
What process are you talking about ?
Why the need for a commercial sound ?

Deliverance is their most brutal album ever.
And Damnation is not commercial at all.

TheFourthHorseman said:
I think that the image has a part in the big picture. Who can honestly say they only care about the music (assuming that they know more about the band other than just the albums)?

You're joking, right? No, seriously, you are being sarcastic, aren't you?

I can honestly say that all I care about is the music. They're musicians, not models with guitars. I listen to bands without ever knowing what they look like, and it doesn't matter. I listen to bands for months and eventually see what they look like, and it still doesn't matter, even if they look a lot different than I expected. What the hell does it have to do with what is on the records? This boggles my mind.

I am still hoping you were being sarcastic with that statement.

People feel different about different kinds of music. Whatever Opeth may do in the future..it might be "sell-out" for somebody and "groundbreaking and amazing" to another.

And about "Opeth´s Sell-out"; There´s no reason arguing about something that hasn´t even happened.

I was actually worrying about Opeth becoming the next.... In Flames. The reason I thought this is because of their newest record label Koch. I don't know, it may be just me, but they seem to be more on the commercial side. What do you people think. I read that Mike actually didn't want to make a DVD, but the record company did because they wanted to make some money. Greedy record label...
Poor In Flames...

they said it themselves... if they wanted to be mainstream they wouldnt be writting 10 minute songs

I really don’t see how you can compare Opeth to Metallica.

Opeth would have an awfully hard time going “pop” and selling out with the kind of music they play. If anything, they will get popular on their own terms, not the terms of a record company that just wants to make money. It just wouldn’t be like them to change their sound, or blatantly put out a record aimed towards the mainstream. And who cares if they cut their hair?

Since when have looks determined whether music is good or not? You know, fuck that. Opeth is not selling out, they are just getting NOTICED.