does anyone understand............

Though Freud is all bullshit, there are valuable metaphors in his work worth considering:

to wit, girls want fathers. Be a father to your girlfriend, and they will be drooling (charms the pants off them. :tickled: )

So you're saying we should make them finish all their vegetables before they leave the table. Or tell them to quit gabbing all the time on the goddamn phone. Or sit on the porch with a shotgun when a boy comes over. Or paddle their ass and send them to the bedroom when they've done something bad...

Hey Freud was onto something here:D

Hmm,

Money
Muscles, a guy with...
money
an expensive car
money
then, next week, find another guy with all that.

I think I have covered it all...

While driving in Seattle last week I saw a lottery ad on a billboard. It read:

Sad but true. I'll use that line more oftenly nowadays (or nights).

Actually, I have trouble understanding humans. :)

The two universal languages I have no difficulties understanding, though; music & mathematics. ;)

It would be nice if men actually said what they thought and didn't freak out when women say what they think.

...and if they were more honest about expectations they have in relationships...
For instance, if a guy just wants to have sex with a woman and doesn't plan on anything more serious (especially if the just sex thing is mutual), he should let the woman know that. Women aren't always looking for a lifelong partner either. Getting laid just for the hell of it because there is mutual physical attraction is cool.

Also, what is it with men and being in a 'relationship'? As soon as a man hears that word, he runs away screaming. Don't they understand that any contact with a person (be it sexual or otherwise) entails a 'relationship'?

"It would be nice if men actually said what they thought and didn't freak out when women say what they think. "

If women actually said what they think, then that would be a beginning. Instead all I get is when they freak out cuz, "you didnt call!!"

Originally posted by Triste
It would be nice if men actually said what they thought and didn't freak out when women say what they think.

Yes, that would be nice, but imagine the classic scenario where the Ms./Mrs. is packing into a tight dress and asks the Mr. if she looks too fat in it. If the guy says "yeah, lose weight or buy another dress. Now come on, let's go." what will happen? :)

My guess is the lady will hurl her purse at the expensive cut-glass chandelier and refuses to go anywhere, and the guy ends up going to the nearest pub to drink beer and watch soccer.

So, even if men freak out if women say what they really think, it works the other way just as well. :)