Does it annoy anyone else..

It's just been a convention of each album thus far.. I spose in a way it could be symbolic of a quantum leap in direction.. the 'new' Opeth.. the new label etc.. just annoys me.

I look at my catalogue and on every album I have the logo on the front, just not Reveries.

Anyway, you're gay, and so is everyone else that disagrees with me :D

i dunno about you guys, but i stare at the cover for hours instead of listening to it

steel102 said:
and then people wonder why older members always hate new members...

..because they're elitist scum that reign in the steeds of an absolutist regime?

In case you were referencing to the *sarcastic* comments I made, they were sarcastic. I thought the ':D' was enough of a hint to the effect.

I agree. On amazon, it was depicted with the Opeth logo in the corner, and I was disappointed to see that it didn't have it when I bought it.

At least they kept the cd design intact. They've been doing that style since Blackwater Park.

-Vintersorg- said:
..that there is no Opeth logo on the cover of Ghost Reveries?

btw, if this thread has been done, I don't give a fuck.

Actually, most of the original Opeth album covers DO NOT have the logo. The re-issues of the first three albums have the logo, but the originals do not. So it is NOT some leap into a new direction, or whatever someone said. If anything it is a returning to their roots (as far as coverart goes).

I don't even know how it looks like without the logo, because there is one on a sticker on the upper-left side:
"OPETH
The New CD
Ghost Reveries
Featurig
"The Grand Conjuration"
Roadrunner Records 25"

...Major-label-like ! :D

Yeah, the sticker does it for the logo so what's the deal? BTW, I myself prefer to look at the cover without the logo

As people have mentioned - sticker in the corner, and it doesn't really matter. Also, it matters less because the tragedy of the GR cover for me is not the absence of the logo but the coverart itself, which does absolutely nothing for me.

Its only 'modern' Opeth that has the logos. so its more a 'commercial*' thing to have The logo.

*I put commercial because its easy to understand, Personally i dont find it important if Opeth are 'commercial' or not. Id say they are well known and respected. Not as blunt as 'commercial.