does peter still play his jackson rhoads guitar?

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
hey im new to this part of UM :)

i got the opeth dvd today and i realized that i never see peter with his white jackson rhoads guitar. does he ever break it out anymore? or is it history?

I've heard so many claims of PRS being these amazing instruments, but I've never picked up an impressive one.. I think people are fooled by the common word, price, and look of them. Unless I've only played shitty low-end ones or something..

I've played a PRS Custom 24 and it's the best guitar I've ever played, or seen played live in my life. I own a Jackson PS4 right now and am immensely happy with it, so I vouch by Jackson... however when it comes to high-end, PRS shit on EVERYTHING.

Bit disappointing about Peter not using the good ol Rhoads though... I would like to have a gig where him and Mikael pull out their respective white and black ones and we have an Orchid/Morningrise style gig :). That would be amazing.

My friend has an 86 Rhoads and asked him about it....apparently he doesn't use it because of the Floyd and not being able to tune it down for Demon. He also said he left his favorite axes at home mostly.

The Evil Toucan said:
My friend has an 86 Rhoads and asked him about it....apparently he doesn't use it because of the Floyd and not being able to tune it down for Demon. He also said he left his favorite axes at home mostly.

hmmm, demon is in drop d, right? with a floyd you can get a d tuner to put on the bridge, and flip a switch to drop it. i've never tried it, though i have seen it in guitar stores. apparently eddie van halen endorses it.

the alumnus said:
hmmm, demon is in drop d, right? with a floyd you can get a d tuner to put on the bridge, and flip a switch to drop it. i've never tried it, though i have seen it in guitar stores. apparently eddie van halen endorses it.
Yup, it's called a D-tuna I believe.

PRS Custom 24 guitars are insanely great...I'm going to work my ass off this summer and save up enough money to buy one but im still contemplating whether to install those seymour duncan (JB and Jazz) pickups on it or just leave the stock pickups :erk:

The stock Custom 24 pickups are very nice, Dragon IIs. I'm actually thinking about putting one in the bridge of my Carvin. If you don't like them, switch them to the JB and Jazz.